Sydney/NSW NSW Mini 2018 to be held in Picton - dates discussion

Which dates would you attend the 2018 NSW mini in Picton?

• 19th/20th of May

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • 26th/27th of May

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • 2nd/3rd of June

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Sorry I can't make any of these

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drakky

Senior elf
Wouldn't Mind Helping in anyway I can.

I live only 20 minutes away and don't mind supply gear if needed (Tables, Chairs, PA Systems, Lighting stuff (Controllers, PSU's, etc)).

Once this is a little bit more confirmed maybe we create a google doc for all hardware or equipment to bring? Available all dates so far.

Regards
Jack | Derf
thanks Derf , tables and chairs already have it's a function room, have a mutimedia projector also, I have a wired mic amp , but in the mini videos they seem to use wireless so if you've got that might be good and the other bits I guess you could talk to Troy about he'd know more on what's needed there

Jay.S

Full time elf
I can most certainly help. I live down near Mittagong. Picton is only a "hop, skip and a jump" for me. I can do a "things I learned as a newbie" presentation :)

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
thanks Derf , tables and chairs already have it's a function room, have a mutimedia projector also, I have a wired mic amp , but in the mini videos they seem to use wireless so if you've got that might be good and the other bits I guess you could talk to Troy about he'd know more on what's needed there

No Worries,

Expanding on this I can arrange Cameras, Recording Mics, etc for Videos as well if you guys are fine with it I will live stream it to YouTube and make it an archive. I Can also arrange 4G internet for the night(s) if need be. I will also bring Wifi and networking for everyone to use. I might also make a presentation on networking / controlling lights wirelessly which is what I'm doing this year if that is ok.

(I will bring a chrome cast / other solution so people can present their presentations through the wireless network I will be creating.)

Ciao!
Jack | Derf

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
OK I'd like to lock in the 26th and 27th as long as Drakky is still OK with the dates (I have messaged him to confirm). If this is OK then I'll start a new thread and work on what people want to see, and who is willing to present certain topics over the 2 days.

Jay.S

Full time elf
Seriously though, I was talking to Ben and we came up with this concept of "things the old hats forget to tell you and you are to new to know what you are missing". Sort of like "what did I learn in year one that I wish someone would have told me". Also, even though I consider myself a beginner I seem to pick up sequencing fairly easily, must be my theater and music background, I can do a presentation on sequencing from a creative point of view (kind of like what Fing did last year, but even more towards the arts).

Last edited:

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Seriously though, I was talking to Ben and we came up with this concept of "things the old hats forget to tell you and you are to new to know what you are missing". Sort of like "what did I learn in year one that I wish someone would have told me". Also, even though I consider myself a beginner I seem to pick up sequencing fairly easily, must be my theater and music background, I can do a presentation on sequencing from a creative point of view (kid of like what Fing did last year, but even more towards the arts).
More importantly what did I choose to ignore in year one because I knew better that I wish I had paid attention to.

Jay.S

Full time elf
Really, in other words "What did I find out the hard way and let me save you the trouble"...

drakky

Senior elf
Seriously though, I was talking to Ben and we came up with this concept of "things the old hats forget to tell you and you are to new to know what you are missing". Sort of like "what did I learn in year one that I wish someone would have told me". Also, even though I consider myself a beginner I seem to pick up sequencing fairly easily, must be my theater and music background, I can do a presentation on sequencing from a creative point of view (kind of like what Fing did last year, but even more towards the arts).
that would be good swb , it takes me ages to sequence I'm very slow at it, particularly if you could show some effects in xlights would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.