Null pixel options

multicast

Senior elf
you can also use a very low cost 74 series buffer IC, ( 74G125, it comes in a 5 pin SOT23 package ), and a single Capacatior to buffer the signal. the big advantage of this, is that it is transparent to the the protocol so you don't have to put in "null" pixels in your setup..

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Boof63 said:
Just a word of warning if using a p2 , then null pixles between elements does not work in the P2 software setup. You need to put them into your element design and leave as blank (at least for HLS) its a pain, but you can get it to work(ie nulls don't work).
cheers and good luck
Boof63

I will have to disagree with you on that one. I use null pixels on a 9m run between my canes and candles and it is only set up in the P2 as a null. LSP doesnt even know the null pixel is there.

multicast

Senior elf
There you go, something like that;

If you only have three wire pixels, ( combined data/clock ) then you don't need two devices, just one.

You'll get 5-10 meters of distance out of this, depending on on your clocking speed.

Because the buffers don't 'mess' with the data stream, they are 'transparent'

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 9.53.24 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 9.53.24 pm.png
    111 KB · Views: 39

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I think SOT23 chips and 0603 caps are smaller than the average ACL user would be able to (successfully) solder. Using a real pixel with wires already attached is the easy option for most.

multicast

Senior elf
don't doubt the 'average' they do things that are quite extraordinary.

you could easily do this with a DIP 74 series and through hole parts as well, and hey even wire wrap it.