OK I am sure I have something set wrong here

bdeditch

Full time elf
I was having some issues and I thought it was Nutcracker, but now I know its not. I did contact Ed at Joshua and he told me to try the test mode. Well here are the results in Video. You can see once the reboot is done they all go on as they are suppose to, then all hell breaks loose

https://vimeo.com/79543874

and here are some pics of my set up. I tried different speeds from 2800 to 3600. From the controller to beginning of strip is less than 1/2 a meter.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
0 everything out of the effects section when running test pattern.

Even when I turned off E1.31 (unticked) mine still went odd last year. 0'd everything out and test pattern is fine.

Once youve established test patt goes ok put the effects back in.

Also....with regard to speed I have found that the further away the first pixel is from controller the slower the speed should be. I have most set at 2400

bdeditch

Full time elf
ShellNZ said:
0 everything out of the effects section when running test pattern.

Even when I turned off E1.31 (unticked) mine still went odd last year. 0'd everything out and test pattern is fine.

Once youve established test patt goes ok put the effects back in.

Also....with regard to speed I have found that the further away the first pixel is from controller the slower the speed should be. I have most set at 2400

You can see in the video I am very close from Controller to first pixel.

danozfw

New elf
Do you have a sequence running while you are using the test pattern? The first flash in the video makes me think so, you can only have one running at at time (sequence or test pattern).

bdeditch

Full time elf
danozfw said:
Do you have a sequence running while you are using the test pattern? The first flash in the video makes me think so, you can only have one running at at time (sequence or test pattern).

No the test mode is the only thing running.
everything else was shut down.

danozfw

New elf
The only reason I asked was that I have seen this exact same behavior when running the test pattern while a sequence was running. With the controllers test pattern running, does anything change if you unplug the network cable form the controller? Also, how are you running the Test Pattern, via IP Config or the On Board Switch.

bdeditch

Full time elf
I checked and you are right. LOR was not on, but it was not unloaded. Its good now. Thanks for the hint. I never thought that would make a difference.

danozfw

New elf
bdeditch said:
I checked and you are right. LOR was not on, but it was not unloaded. Its good now. Thanks for the hint. I never thought that would make a difference.

Glad I could help, looks like you were getting two strings of conflicting DMX signals sent to your strips . I also noticed in your video that one strip of lights acted correctly during the test pattern. You might want to check that you have that stings' Universe set correctly in LOR, It may be on a Universe other than what you intended and was only getting DMX from the controller during your test.

bdeditch

Full time elf
danozfw said:
bdeditch said:

Glad I could help, looks like you were getting two strings of conflicting DMX signals sent to your strips . I also noticed in your video that one strip of lights acted correctly during the test pattern. You might want to check that you have that stings' Universe set correctly in LOR, It may be on a Universe other than what you intended and was only getting DMX from the controller during your test.

I am sure in was the LOR not being unloaded. It would pick up all the dongles that are plugged in and cause conflict

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Yeah, whenever the LOR CommsListener (looks like a DOS box) is running, it will be sending out blank data for whatever it was configured for (DMX, E1.31, etc).