P10 Panel Tester

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
The HC-1W program comes with a couple of test bitmaps as can be seen in attached video.
Biggest issue with using the HC-1W is you need to run the corresponding software to set up for different types of panels (though this is applicable to all LED Panel Controllers). Once you get the hang of it, you can create and save the configurations for all the different types of panels you have, then just upload as required. The test program will run on any configuration, though you may need to change panel size as applicable. Or just make a program for each panel type.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Now the panel configuration is correct (a difficult thing to do until you get the hang of it) the phone app now works.
Read the config from the HC-1W and was able to successfully send data to the controller.
This means you could load a few bitmaps (32x32pix) red, blue, green, or bars like above into your phone and then select as required to test a panel.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
something like these
will make some .bmp ones as well

Attachments

• blue.png
    blue.png
    105 bytes · Views: 1
  • green.png
    green.png
  • red.png
    red.png
  • RGBW.png
    RGBW.png
    117 bytes · Views: 1

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
something like these
will make some .bmp ones as well
I had cunninger thoughts. The panel config allows up to 10 (?) panels wide so was going to have a full size image so that you could plug in from 1-10 panels and it would work. I had also thought that scrolling text could be added with RED, GREEN, BLUE scrolling through the solid colour. Different panels have different colour orders though.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Did some further testing, couldn't get the RGBW sideways bars to work, so made a horizontal bars version.
Attached are .bmp files: red, green, blue, red grid, green grid, blue grid and RGBW horizontal bars.
These are all 32x32 pixels.
have successfully tested on my 6 of 32x32 P6 panels, haven't tested on just 1 panel though.

Attachments

• LED Panel BMP.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 1

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Yes the P6 panels I have are BGR. Think it's going to be difficult to make a "one size fits all" tester.
If you succeed @David_AVD or @AAH let me know and I'll buy 1.