Panel Mount Pigtail connector

Cee DeLights

New elf
Has anyone used these panel mount pigtail connectors from Ray Wu in their controller boxes?
Do the panel screws allow enough length to securely fasten the string-side connector?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...l?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.63.296e6e98YaDmga

I prefer to connect/disconnect pigtails from panel mount connectors- rather than having the pigtails dangling out.
There are certainly other panel mount options available. But would be good to use the same connectors throughout.

Cee DeLights

New elf
Hi David,
Yes, I thought the same.
Although, Ray mentioned the length of the screw portion is 6cm.
Perhaps there is a nut that can be sourced elsewhere which can be used to fix the connector on either side of the panel.
Just not sure if there is a thread that is suitable.
May need to head down to Bunnings and see whats available.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I tried talking Felix/ @benbrown at Scottled into doing panel mount pigtails as I would prefer panel mount myself. The long thread is a fairly easy implementation to make them panel mount.

dev8ed

New elf
Hi David,
Yes, I thought the same.
Although, Ray mentioned the length of the screw portion is 6cm.
Perhaps there is a nut that can be sourced elsewhere which can be used to fix the connector on either side of the panel.
Just not sure if there is a thread that is suitable.
May need to head down to Bunnings and see whats available.
the 18mm connectors are a standard m18x1.5 thread so i would think the 13.5mm would be would be close to a m14x1.5 or m14x1.25, the issue would be finding a jam nut (thin nut) in that size

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
the 18mm connectors are a standard m18x1.5 thread so i would think the 13.5mm would be would be close to a m14x1.5 or m14x1.0, the issue would be finding a jam nut (thin nut) in that size

Come on this is 2019. Won't everyone just 3D print the required nuts ;)