Perth/WA Perth Mini Interest 2012 - 10th June --- Please confirm attendance ---

kane

Dedicated elf
Hi All

Just thought I would start a post to see how much interest there is for a Perth mini in 2012

Even if we only have a handful of people, I'm sure it could be a productive day.

If you're keen (or better still, can provide a venue), let us know!

Cheers

Kane

--- Confirmed Attendees ----
Tabor
Kane

mrpackethead

Full time elf
Re: Australian Perth Mini Interest 2012

Perth rocks, i'd make a trip out there to come and visit, i've got a few other reasons to be there, so if the timing worked, i'd turn up.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

Great to see the WA guys making the initial step to get a mini up and running on the west side. For all you WA members it is well worth the effort to attend as im sure you will walk away knowing something that will help you with your own display and as well nothing better than meeting fellow minded nuts in the flesh. :)

dockers71

New elf

I have no idea what a mini involes - have just joined up - but would be interested in getting together to find out how to animate my lights - I am from the country though so it would depend when and where it is!

Thanks

kane

Dedicated elf

dockers71 said:
I have no idea what a mini involes - have just joined up - but would be interested in getting together to find out how to animate my lights - I am from the country though so it would depend when and where it is!
A mini is a bit of a conference - a chance to get together with like-minded individuals and discuss plans, ideas and different bits of technology. A bit of info at http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Mini

Given we're talking about 2012 (too late to organise for this year), we've got a bit of time to think about dates.

Most likely would be in June/July - we'd probably try to avoid the same weekends as the east coast ones (in case anyone decides to head over there for those)

If you're just starting off, I'd recommend having a bit of a read through the Wiki and the forums, and maybe popping into chat to say hello. The only questions considered stupid are the ones not asked! If you put a post in the new members area listing what you currently have, and your level of competence with DIY electronics, you'll get some suggestions on where to start.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

dockers71 said:

Thanks

Welcome to ACL, you will find lots of great info and help here, feel free to ask questions and pop into the chat room, basically what Kane has already said previously

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support

I'm often in Perth so if it fits could be interested Kane

robandwend

New elf

Robert and Wendy - From Perth, and certainly interested. Happy to provide what help we can.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

robandwend said:
Robert and Wendy - From Perth, and certainly interested. Happy to provide what help we can.

Glad you guys are willing to help bring a mini to Perth for 2012, im sure this thread will ramp up in the new year

kane

Dedicated elf

Fasteddy said:
robandwend said:

Glad you guys are willing to help bring a mini to Perth for 2012, im sure this thread will ramp up in the new year
Yeah, I reckon we can get a crew together - once the craziness of the season wears off, we can do a bit of a count to see if we've got enough interested.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator

This is how it starts Guys. Mini's are fantastic events to have for your area. So much is learned by just getting together for something as basic as a chat. Best of luck in getting this event out of the forum and around someones BBQ.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

SuperMan said:
This is how it starts Guys. Mini's are fantastic events to have for your area. So much is learned by just getting together for something as basic as a chat. Best of luck in getting this event out of the forum and around someones BBQ.

How would you know what a mini is like. You decided to jump off a roof 1 week out from the Brisbane mini and shatter your leg and leave the rest of the organising to your wife. If you didnt want to go im sure there could have been better ways than smashing your leg. :D

Seriously, superman is correct they are great value even if its just a get together to shoot some ideas and share some knowledge

Mike

CLAP infected!

Im in!!!!

At least there is more than 3 of us Perthies now. When I first joined it was just Tabor me and Dave :)