DMX512
Huuuuuuge Nerd
- Joined
- Oct 27, 2025
- Messages
- 80
Hey all,
I am on my second MicroSD card in about a year on my Pi 4B (that I use for FPP).
The first one stopped working after a while, I pulled it out and it was bent. It then started getting hot when I plugged it into a computer to test it. It was also showing as empty in Disk Management.
The Pi just stopped booting this morning, I pulled out the card, and it has a hairline fracture in it (which according to the internet is a death toll). Now its not showing up in Disk Management either.
My temps have never gotten over about 45 degrees.
I'm buying another MicroSD card to get it running again, but I'm curious:
1. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around it?
2. Can you make FPP boot off of another device like a USB stick / USB drive?
I am on my second MicroSD card in about a year on my Pi 4B (that I use for FPP).
The first one stopped working after a while, I pulled it out and it was bent. It then started getting hot when I plugged it into a computer to test it. It was also showing as empty in Disk Management.
The Pi just stopped booting this morning, I pulled out the card, and it has a hairline fracture in it (which according to the internet is a death toll). Now its not showing up in Disk Management either.
My temps have never gotten over about 45 degrees.
I'm buying another MicroSD card to get it running again, but I'm curious:
1. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around it?
2. Can you make FPP boot off of another device like a USB stick / USB drive?