Pixel mounting strips, fuses and distro/fuse boards on sale until end of June 2020

chris3453

New elf
They appear to be the exact same pinout on the connector.
I have the same HP supplies they are very common from the DL380 / ML380 range of servers.
The pinouts are close but not exactly the same. I think they are 1 pin off from your board design for the 12v / Ground
HP - DPS 800 GB
12v pins 1-12, 53-64
Ground pins 13-24, 39-52
pson/pskill 31-24 - you jumper these to power the supply on.

I managed to generate a little magic smoke when testing one a few days ago :)

Adsy

Full time elf
I have the same HP supplies they are very common from the DL380 / ML380 range of servers.
The pinouts are close but not exactly the same. I think they are 1 pin off from your board design for the 12v / Ground
HP - DPS 800 GB
12v pins 1-12, 53-64
Ground pins 13-24, 39-52
pson/pskill 31-24 - you jumper these to power the supply on.

I managed to generate a little magic smoke when testing one a few days ago :)
i can confirm also that these do not work with DPS 800 GB but fortunately no magic smoke. I have ordered the HP DPS 1200 to cover this and will use the hexfuse for the DPS 800

SMP

New elf
Hi, not sure if anyone can help with this, I purchased a power 8 distribution supply and can’t seem to get the null buffer to work correctly, could be just my lack of knowledge, I have connected to my power supply which works but when I try connecting my data line which is coming from a 5v source thru the null buffer my ws2811 bullet leds go crazy, right now I just have 100 connected but about to connect to another 200 leds. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Thank you for your time.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hi, not sure if anyone can help with this, I purchased a power 8 distribution supply and can’t seem to get the null buffer to work correctly, could be just my lack of knowledge, I have connected to my power supply which works but when I try connecting my data line which is coming from a 5v source thru the null buffer my ws2811 bullet leds go crazy, right now I just have 100 connected but about to connect to another 200 leds. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Thank you for your time.
Can you post a picture or 2 of the wiring and/or a scribble to indicate the distances between pixel data source and the Power8 and the Power8 to pixels.

SMP

New elf
Can you post a picture or 2 of the wiring and/or a scribble to indicate the distances between pixel data source and the Power8 and the Power8 to pixels.
Everything is within 12in or shorter connected, I was thinking I may have not connected it correctly. I hope you can understand my picture, this is how I connected the first time and the pixels did come on and would react to my program changes but not the right way, very erratic. So then I changed the wiring, removed the data line from the buffer and connected it direct and everything worked as it should. Of course this was just the first 100 pixels out of 300, and I was anticipating data corruption once I connect all 300 and was hoping your pixel buffer would fix that. Each set of 50 pixels is approximately 17ft with power injection every 2 sets. This is my first try with this, I am a recently retired soldier, not a electrical engineer by any means, so I am learning as I go. I appreciate any help you are able to give. Thank you

Attachments

• 6D46E937-A08E-400C-AB20-B525A1F73ED5.jpeg
    6D46E937-A08E-400C-AB20-B525A1F73ED5.jpeg
    537.7 KB · Views: 17

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Everything is within 12in or shorter connected, I was thinking I may have not connected it correctly. I hope you can understand my picture, this is how I connected the first time and the pixels did come on and would react to my program changes but not the right way, very erratic. So then I changed the wiring, removed the data line from the buffer and connected it direct and everything worked as it should. Of course this was just the first 100 pixels out of 300, and I was anticipating data corruption once I connect all 300 and was hoping your pixel buffer would fix that. Each set of 50 pixels is approximately 17ft with power injection every 2 sets. This is my first try with this, I am a recently retired soldier, not a electrical engineer by any means, so I am learning as I go. I appreciate any help you are able to give. Thank you
Your drawing does make sense and I hope that there's a wire that you left off. You don't show a -ve power connection to the level converter. You shouldn't need that anyway as the null will convert from 3.3V logic to 5V as part of it's function.
Having a null at the start of the wiring won't affect anything downstream of the first pixel unless the first pixel itself is getting dodgy data. Every pixel regenerates the signal and the signal will always be clean from pixel to pixel unless there is too great a distance between 2 pixels or the voltage at the pixels to too low to run the internal electronics of the pixel reliably.

SMP

New elf
Sorry, I didn’t show the 5 or the 3.3 reference voltage going to the level converter, I thought the drawing would be to messy, but what you said makes sense, if the buffer also converts 3.3 to 5v then that would explain why my lights went crazy, from that I guess what your saying, I don’t need to use the line converter if going thru the buffer. I went by the normal setup not using a power distribution board by converting the 3.3 coming out the nodemcu into the 5v the lights need. Tonight I was able to connect 3 sets bypassing the buffer and didn’t have any issues, my concern is when I connect the next three sets (with power injection) because of the distance to the last pixel. I was thinking of use a f-amp to combat that problem, unless I don’t experience any issues.