Pixel speed on the P12S and latest firmware v3.4b

pagrosse

New elf
Hey guys, I'm having an intermittent issue with a few strands of pixels and I'm wondering if its related to the speed I'm using. In the bootloader documentation from Ed he mentions speeds of 3200-4000kbps but I'm running 1/10th of that. I received a very early build date (Dec '14) before it was officially released.

All the links to the latest firmware v3.4b are broken. Can someone upload these?

Thanks!

P12s string config.PNG
P12s system info.PNG

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The correct speed should be 3200 or thereabouts for 2811 pixels. I have no idea how it could be working at the rates you have listed.

pagrosse

New elf
Thanks for the info guys. I believe in my early build the speeds were not calculated correctly and off by a decimal place so I'm running a little higher than everyone else.

Request: Can someone upload their copy of 3.4b or point me to a working link? Thanks!

pagrosse

New elf
Can someone post this latest firmware? I tried contacting Ed but I haven't heard back from him.

Thanks!

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I run at 2800 here on P12R and P12S as well, for 2811's. 750 is the default for 2801's, 2800-3400 for 2811's

pagrosse

New elf
Thanks David.

I uploaded this new firmware but I still had my flickering issue. I was able to correct it though with replacing my null pixel. Come to find out it was from another order (likely a WS2811 copy) and wouldn't repeat the signal properly likely because it ran on slightly different speeds.

Takeaway: Use the same brand/lot/vendor/etc pixel for a null as what you are feeding.

Baf05

Full time elf
Seeing as this thread is recent and about P12's, I want to update the firmware on my P12S so I can run multi universes on it. Is this an easy process?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
It's not too hard. There's a bootloader program you run on a PC and it uploads the new firmware to the controller. See post #8 above for a link to the files.

drakky

Senior elf
Thanks David.

I uploaded this new firmware but I still had my flickering issue. I was able to correct it though with replacing my null pixel. Come to find out it was from another order (likely a WS2811 copy) and wouldn't repeat the signal properly likely because it ran on slightly different speeds.

Takeaway: Use the same brand/lot/vendor/etc pixel for a null as what you are feeding.
or don't use null pixels at all , use line drivers they are way better
https://www.diychristmas.org/vb1/sh...er-null-pixel-without-pixel&p=95025#post95025

someone over here should make these