Pixel Strobe Controller

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Mr Ray has come to the party and is willing to load the pixel strobes up as complete units with strings of 50 at 30cm spacing for a price that should be under $1 :)
He says I should have a sample in a few weeks so I will post updates as they happen.

There's a few people at the Adelaide mini who saw the strobes in action and there really is a huge difference between a pixel strobing and the 1W white led being strobed.

kane

Dedicated elf
AAH said:
Mr Ray has come to the party and is willing to load the pixel strobes up as complete units with strings of 50 at 30cm spacing for a price that should be under $1 :)
He says I should have a sample in a few weeks so I will post updates as they happen.

There's a few people at the Adelaide mini who saw the strobes in action and there really is a huge difference between a pixel strobing and the 1W white led being strobed.
Brilliant to hear. Do we need to check about waterproofing quality??

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Good work Alan.
thumbsup.gif

tmcteer

New elf
Any chance Fasteddy can do a show and tell at the Academy in Houston next month?

kane

Dedicated elf
AAH said:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/12mm-0-75W-WS2811-WHITE-strobe-pixel-string-DC5V-input-50pcs-a-string-IP68-rated/701799_1141331702.html

Pressure is going to be on David to get some WS2811 code going now.
The above link is for 100mm spacing. I was hoping for 300mm and will see if Ray can do them at 300mm spacing.
Nice. I agree that 300mm spacing is much better for these.

How bright do you think these will be compared to the ACL strobes, for example? They were 1W LEDs weren't they?

battle79

Full time elf
So do you have any boards yet for sale?
I'll hold off on ordering strobes until Ray changes them to 300mm, assuming that what your asking him to do. (If not I'll order and just stipulate 300mm)

Cheers,
Rowan

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
I will get back to writing the code for it this weekend. It works with 2801 and 6803 already. Just need to get 2811 part done.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Nope, I put the project aside last weekend. Maybe I should contract Ed (J1SYS) to do custom firmware for the uDCG-P2. (I think that's a real product - DMX in and pixel out)

bbayjohn

Senior elf
David_AVD said:
Nope, I put the project aside last weekend. Maybe I should contract Ed (J1SYS) to do custom firmware for the uDCG-P2. (I think that's a real product - DMX in and pixel out)
That would be a massive help David.
Thanks
John