Pixels stopping 2/3 along the string

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Screenshot of the F16v3 string config page please? XLights looks ok

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Morning, yes take the 2nd Arch out of the string config, this may cause issue with parts of the Mega Tree that has the same channel number. I had a problem when testing the other day and it turned out to be overlapping channels.
Speaking of testing, on the Test page of the F16 you can run a test mode and switch individual ports on or off. Try running a test with only port 14 active and see what you get. The only other thing I could suggest is to try setting all string outputs down to 30%.
When you said you tested with a pixel tester did you mean one of these?

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Morning, yes take the 2nd Arch out of the string config, this may cause issue with parts of the Mega Tree that has the same channel number. I had a problem when testing the other day and it turned out to be overlapping channels.
Speaking of testing, on the Test page of the F16 you can run a test mode and switch individual ports on or off. Try running a test with only port 14 active and see what you get. The only other thing I could suggest is to try setting all string outputs down to 30%.
When you said you tested with a pixel tester did you mean one of these?
Yes thats the tester i have. I didnt think of lowering the brightness. I have power injected ever 100 pixels but ill try. all pixels where tested before installing. I may try connecting directly to that run and see what happens. starting to do my head in haha.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Doing my head in too. Yeah maybe try running a cable just to that suspect string and test it from Port 11 or alone on port 14 as well.

Adam V

Apprentice elf
After 2 hours this afternoon I Got it working! Woo-hoo. (I did scream that out in my front yard to).
I decided to remove it from the gutter and start various tests. Swapped leads (no luck), check power injection (all good) installed pig tail just after the first non working pixel and that found the first issue only lit up 3 pixels so I decided to change out 5 pixels. That then work from that point on all work! plugged it into the end of the line and not luck. changed out the other dead pixel and one after it and BINGO. Installed them back into the pvc and opps I miscounted one short!:laugh: . Also managed to find the bad earth on my gable YAY! Just need one more cable to the mega tree (ran short) and finish the singing tree and I'm near there
What a relief to see it all working. Also had one of the neighbors ask can you buy them from K-mart haha20201124_103143966_iOS.jpg

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Woo-hoo. (I did scream that out in my front yard to).
I know that feeling, well done on your tenacity to solve it! Only thing left now is to grab a cold one and the camper chair and go out front and watch it while thinking "how can I make this bigger and better next year!?"

Adam V

Apprentice elf
I know that feeling, well done on your tenacity to solve it! Only thing left now is to grab a cold one and the camper chair and go out front and watch it while thinking "how can I make this bigger and better next year!?"
already planning hahah