powerboards

Pircy

Full time elf
Does anyone know where to buy inexpensive 8 socket powerboards. At the moment I do not have enough powerboards and the ones I do have are only small 4 socket boards. Ideally I am after powerboards where the sockets are set wide enough so I can fit a transformer in each of the slots. At my local hardware stores (Redcliffe, QLD) they have 8 socket powerboards, but they are set too close to be able to place transformers side by side.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I think you'll find 8 way (or even 6 way) power boards with wide spacing on all outlets hard to find.

You could make some, but the cost would be way too high IMO.

Have you considered replacing some of the plug packs with a single transformer / PSU?

Wombat

Full time elf
I got a good deal from bunnings a few years back. They had 4 X 4outlet power boards for less then $10 each one had the space to put 3 transformers and then be able to daisychain to the next board in the last socket.

not sure if they still have them..

I used them because you could remove the screws easily and modify them to run ACSSR's off them easily

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
i suspect it's cheaper to buy 6way powerboards from the two dollar shop and just use every second connector.. plug the 6 way boards into a single 8way for max capacity

phil

kool-lites

Full time elf

Pircy

Full time elf
Thanx all. I think I might just get a heap of six socket boards, and then plug six separate boards into one of the six socket boards for each of my down stairs power points. should give me the power I need for this year. Next on the list, to upgrade my weak as 8mm mains power!