Answered RPi-10 No Output to P10 Panels

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
G'day Gurus,
I bought an Rpi-P10 hat from Hanson a while back last year and have now dusted it off and attached it to a RPi-3B+running FPP4.6. I have 6x P10 panels but I can't seem to get anything on even just one panel to display more than just 1x row of 32x pixels of blue or white light.
I started out with all 6x panels connected together, then decided to go back to basics and try just one panel with different settings, a number of different cables, and even other panels to rule out anything there. Voltages are ok
Next I watched a Canispator Christmas video where he used a BBB and made it look like plug and play! RRrrr! I tried some of his settings but related to the RPi of course with no joy. Next I tried to configure it from xLights and upload the settings from there, again no joy!
I can see on the FPP status page it is receiving packets of data from xLights with no issues, but no lights.
Attached are the screenshots I've taken of settings and the panel themselves. Note in the photo "P10 Panels Front" the led row which is lit is connected to output 2 on the Rpi-P10 which has not been configured to output in FPP.
I've tried all the different "Wiring Pinout" options each time saving, restarting FPP and rebooting the RPi but now I'm all out of ideas.
I'm sure there's some simple setting somewhere that I've missed because I can't see the trees through the forest. There's also this page on the forum (https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Raspberry-Pi) that if we get mine going I'll see if we can get it finished. For now I'll try step 2 from this page but I'll be sure to avoid the "aka"
Input Channels.jpgInputs.jpgOutput LED Panels.jpgP10 Panels Back.jpgP10 Panels Front.jpgStatus Page.jpg
Thanks guys for any help you can throw my way.

Cheers Bazzy

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The wiring pinout should be "standard".
If you set the setting to standard and go status>display testing do you have any luck getting anything to display?
Assuming that you don't have any luck with that do you have any luck if you use output 2 or 3?

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks Alan, I'll try Output 2 and 3 tonight. I'm sure it'll be something obvious that I'm missing.
I remember reading another thread in which (I think it was) @bpratt had something similar and his solution was another input or output setting on another page but for the life of me I can't find that thread now.

bpratt

Senior elf
5 x 2 p5 Ray Wu outdoor panels on octoscroller didn't work for me... ended up using a v8 colorlight card and LEDvision v7 to configure it up

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Mine are P10's from Alan's shop so there should be no reason for them not to work. I found the thread i was referring to, haven't got back to my PC to read it yet.

marymad

New elf
Mine are P10's from Alan's shop so there should be no reason for them not to work. I found the thread i was referring to, haven't got back to my PC to read it yet.
Can you please send me the link. I have the same issue as you have specified here

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Can you please send me the link. I have the same issue as you have specified here
Hello Marymad,

Welcome to the site and glad you are here. While you might be having the same issue the reason might be different. It would be best that you start your own thread and post your details. This thread is over 2 years old at this point.