Sequenced Mains Switch (DMX Controlled)

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I have a couple of boards available to make the APC805 as pictured below.

apc805.png

Because the boards are from a prototype (not bulk) run, they will be about $90 full assembled.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
David_AVD said:
I was actually thinking of wiring a small E1.31 app that can reside in the system tray. It was going to have the scheduling inbuilt.

I ended up creating two 10 second sequences (one for power on and one for power off) in LOR to do this instead.

My DMX power boards are set to 2 channel mode so they don't turn back off once the ON sequence finishes and the E1.31 stream for those universes drop to all zeros.

I simply added the ON sequence to the startup section and the OFF sequence to the shutdown section in the show editor.

Works wonderfully and only took a few minutes to implement. :D

kane

Dedicated elf
David_AVD said:
I ended up creating two 10 second sequences (one for power on and one for power off) in LOR to do this instead.

My DMX power boards are set to 2 channel mode so they don't turn back off once the ON sequence finishes and the E1.31 stream for those universes drop to all zeros.

I simply added the ON sequence to the startup section and the OFF sequence to the shutdown section in the show editor.
That was my original plan - to use LSP's "introduction" and "finale" sequences to turn on and off the 240v.. The problem is, there is a bug with LSP where the finale cannot be a sequence file (it allows you to choose a sequence file, but when it goes to play, it gives an error)..

Oh well, current quick workaround is also working well - quick e131 app running via task scheduler at the start and end of the night..

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
I have one of the DMX controlled single (heavy duty) relay boards available for sale now. I'll have another 2 available later next week.

nato595

Let's do this!
I didn't see them on your webiste, so my questions are:
#1. Price?
#2. Do you ship to the US?
#3. How to order?

By the way, kudos to your amazing invention!

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
First things first. The APC805A (single relay) board uses a 240V transformer, so that's an issue for USA customers. I would need to see if an equivalent 120V transformer was available.

I can ship to the USA. Smaller parcels via air mail tend to be $20 - $30 depending on the weight.

nato595

Let's do this!
Ah, good point on the voltage issue! If you are able and willing to make a 120V version, I'll take 2, pending the price anyway.

elvatrdude

One can never have too many hobbies.....
David, any plans to produce the quad-relay version in 120V for this season? If so, I'm in for two :)

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
elvatrdude said:
David, any plans to produce the quad-relay version in 120V for this season? If so, I'm in for two :)

I'd have to see if a suitable 120V transformer was available.