SMS Messaging Application - Send SMS's to your Display

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Sorry not sure how the Virtual Matrix works in FPP as I haven't looked into it, Vixen will just send out E1.31 data based on the controller setup.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I am looking at changing the way the messages are retrieved from Twilio. Currently my app will retrieve a single message form Twilio if available and will check every few seconds depending on your other message settings and if one is being displayed.

What I plan on doing is creating yet another message box in the "Displayed messages" section of the app and It will retrieve all messages on the Twilio server and add these to the message box. When a message is displayed it will then be deleted from the message box. When only one message is left the app will only then request all new messages.

The end result will be the same however because it only retrieves when there are no messages will save some CPU usage, bandwidth etc, but will depend on how many messages you are getting from the audience.

This way I will be able to provide some more options.

What's your thoughts?

Binny

Apprentice elf
Instead of a message, is there an option to receive one name at a time only ?
Is it case sensitive ?

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Instead of a message, is there an option to receive one name at a time only ?
Is it case sensitive ?

No, it will accept whatever message the audience SMS's in and will get processed through the White or Black list and if all good gets displayed.

The audience can send just a name if they want. What did you want that option for as it will dramatically restrict the audience and what happens when they send multiply words?

Whatever case the message is in when sent will be displayed as is.

Richie4540

Full time elf
Happy to report, I fired up my sign for a halloween test and its all still working, just have to move it to the house in time for Christmas,
Did you ever get the changes made?

regards richard

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Happy to report, I fired up my sign for a halloween test and its all still working, just have to move it to the house in time for Christmas,
Did you ever get the changes made?

regards richard

That's good news. Are you talking about the 4 posts back. No I haven't had time and won't get time until next year.

I will make time if there is any bugs though.

Sorry.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Geoff I downloaded 3.4 tonight and had a play. The countdown to christmas seem to be working but my day count is "-687 days to Christmas" Is there somewhere i need to set a date for it t countdown to.

richardd

Full time elf
Well The SMS sign was a big hit last night at my Neighborhood BBQ. A friend got herself on the naughty list she send a message where she used a "dirty" three letter word in here message - Its Official -- JOB-- is a dirty three letter word :)

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Well The SMS sign was a big hit last night at my Neighborhood BBQ. A friend got herself on the naughty list she send a message where she used a "dirty" three letter word in here message - Its Official -- JOB-- is a dirty three letter word :)

That's good to hear, funny. You can make whatever changes you like to the dirty word list including removing words. The reason Job is in there is more then likely when joined with Head, it doesn't sound good, to kids anyway.

I fired mine up a couple of weeks back and got a new number from Twillio, now I get a Domino's SMS every 4 days. I may need to include a permanent number ban text box so you can add number like this, so it doesn't get displayed.

richardd

Full time elf
That shoulds like a good idea Domino's can pay for thier own advertising!
When you do that change can you please take a look at putting the message received in thier own log file? I like to review the to see what was received and their own file would make it easier

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
That shoulds like a good idea Domino's can pay for thier own advertising!
When you do that change can you please take a look at putting the message received in thier own log file? I like to review the to see what was received and their own file would make it easier

Advertising and all proceeds go to charity, that's a good idea. :)
All messages are stored in the Message.log file but does include everything that gets displayed. I can do a separate one but none of these changes will be done until next year.

Richie4540

Full time elf
Geoff, brought my sign home from the office today and strung it up on the side of the house, as its a bit late, I dont think I will get any customers tonight :)

one question can you use the scheduler in vixen to turn the messaging app on and off, I have my light show running on the "other" software and running your app with a separate computer, so my main show turns off at Midnight and wanted to know if this is possible with you app?

regards Richard