Spiral tree frames

bretheron

Been bitten by the bug.
Bunnings up north is no good either. I thought I was on a win with those frames months ago, but can not seem to find any. How big is your boot? I need 8 of them. The cone plant trainers I bought just do not seem to be right.

damona

Full time elf
Bunnings stores do not manage their own stock. The vendors of the products do. They have allocated shelf space (which they may have to pay for). You can go to one bunnings at it sell 50mm PVC pipe for example, but not sell the connectors because the vendor has not the space to display them. The bigger the bunnings the more chance that they will have all the parts for 50mm PVC pipe. Same goes for any product. The might sell the roof but not the roof edging due to space available.

I have heard this a few times from staff. Also the vendors determine the stock levels.

maybe the supplier has just sold out of them because everyone bought them for spiral trees, i have 4 different sizes, 12 small 800mm, 4 at 1.2m, 4 at 1.6m and 2 at 2m, so i get like a forest effect.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Just thought I would put this up for people that are wanting to try and buy them from Bunnings. Might make it easier if they need to be ordered in.

IMAG0076.jpg
IMAG0077.jpg

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
In this case it seems to be that the supplier is no longer making the product. Even when I checked the Whites Outdoor web site earlier in the year that product was no longer listed.

Just for kicks, I used the Wayback Machine to look at their web site as it was over the past few years. The spiral frames are still there in late 2013, but not on the current site.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Last time looked a week or so ago they were still for sale at Bunnings in Auckland. Now I know that doesn't help for yous fellas in Oz but might be an indication that they are still being made
http://www.bunnings.co.nz/gardman-spiral-obelisk-1-5m_p00107083

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
There was a fair few left at Bunnings Tamworth if it helps anybody. 1200mm - $17. There is 4 less than there used to be though ::)

Boomer#6

No magic smoke yet!!
I called in to Bunnings Carseldine before work today - they have 2 pallets of Spiral Obelisk. I got the 120cm ones for $17.55 each. My bad, I didn't get a price check on the 150cm ones, sorry. Same manufacturer, new labels
[attachimg=1]

Attachments

• Spiral Obelisk.jpg
    Spiral Obelisk.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 210

bretheron

Been bitten by the bug.
Bunnings Townsville has them and so do I now. I think they read my posts. I just have to work out how many I want for next year as well now.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Looking forward to seeing everyone's spiral trees this year. Good to see a post I started with so many replies too

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Our Bunnings (Gladstone QLD) has just got these same ones in that Boomer posted. They have about 30, so there's a fair chance that most will end up with them soon.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I finally managed to pick up 4 of the 1500mm size spiral plant trainers from Bunnings on the weekend. They were on clearance for $10 in the garden section. It seems quite random when they appear in stock and they never show up on the web site.