1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

stand alone smart RGB controller question for runway type sequence

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by epnicass, Jan 8, 2014.

1. epnicass

epnicass New Elf

hello friends, i am trying to setup a walkway with smart led stings. My goal is to have a sensor trigger the controller and have the light run a runway sort of effect what can i do not want to have a computer on all the time to run the sequences

2. David_AVD

David_AVD Bite my shiny metal ass!

Find Me On:
    Is this for home or commercial use? If home use, you might be able to use an Arduino board, but you'd need to be well versed in programming.

3. jcmarksafb

jcmarksafb Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona

4. OP
    OP
    epnicass

epnicass New Elf

Thank you guys for replying so fast. It is for home use the walkway i 20feet long and i am planning on using lights along both sides. Upon trigger, the lights will do the a runway sequence, then the lights will run from middle to end of the string, then fade in and out and finally will light on and off different colors until it stops with the lights on on a particular color.

5. jcmarksafb

jcmarksafb Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona

Ray has some controllers that can be run from an SD card that you program. You might want to look into one of those.
    John

6. OP
    OP
    epnicass

epnicass New Elf

Thanx John i will look into that. Will i be able to incorporate those type of controllers to universe later on? or they are strictly stand alone?

7. Superman

Superman I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious Global Moderator

Find Me On:
    They are stand alone.

Ray does have a couple of options for SD card controllers that come with there own software, However they can be a bit of a drama to get them to do what you want them to do. I have seen a couple of them come thru the forum that people just can't seem to get them going.
    Give them ago with the thought that you may need to rethink your options if it doesn't work.
    As David has mentioned a really good setup is a pixel controller that can be hooked up to a mini computer like a Audrino or Rasberry PI.

8. Habbosrus

Habbosrus New house (again) 2017

Find Me On:
    Falcon Christmas might be worth a look. As Superman suggested, the Pi running Falcon Pi Player may do what you need. This stuff is over my head, but they talk about scripting and triggering effects, etc.