stand alone smart RGB controller question for runway type sequence

epnicass

New elf
hello friends, i am trying to setup a walkway with smart led stings. My goal is to have a sensor trigger the controller and have the light run a runway sort of effect what can i do not want to have a computer on all the time to run the sequences

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Is this for home or commercial use? If home use, you might be able to use an Arduino board, but you'd need to be well versed in programming.

epnicass

New elf
Thank you guys for replying so fast. It is for home use the walkway i 20feet long and i am planning on using lights along both sides. Upon trigger, the lights will do the a runway sequence, then the lights will run from middle to end of the string, then fade in and out and finally will light on and off different colors until it stops with the lights on on a particular color.

epnicass

New elf
Thanx John i will look into that. Will i be able to incorporate those type of controllers to universe later on? or they are strictly stand alone?

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
They are stand alone.

Ray does have a couple of options for SD card controllers that come with there own software, However they can be a bit of a drama to get them to do what you want them to do. I have seen a couple of them come thru the forum that people just can't seem to get them going.
Give them ago with the thought that you may need to rethink your options if it doesn't work.
As David has mentioned a really good setup is a pixel controller that can be hooked up to a mini computer like a Audrino or Rasberry PI.

Habbosrus

Back again
Falcon Christmas might be worth a look. As Superman suggested, the Pi running Falcon Pi Player may do what you need. This stuff is over my head, but they talk about scripting and triggering effects, etc.