Storing your displays

camduncan

New elf
A post in another thread got me to thinking.... how does everyone store their displays? Garage, shed, roof cavity?
Personally I store displays in various sized tubs in my gargage and have run out of room. I'm thinking of using the garden shed, but am worried about how the Brisbane heat and humidity could affect the plastic coatings of my displays.

DougieB

Full time elf
I am the similar as Piper, not a ladder, but a false floor in my ceiling space. Was looking at the ladder just not done yet

MarcD

Full time elf
I was once told by a builder to never store anything in the ceiling space unless it was specifically built as an attic. To do so could affect the structural integrity of the entire house.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
MarcD said:
I was once told by a builder to never store anything in the ceiling space unless it was specifically built as an attic. To do so could affect the structural integrity of the entire house.

i sincerely hope that is not the case.. That could be a very expensive Christmas display if it were the case.

Myself, I am using 60 litre plastic tubs which stack on each other, and a empty carton of beer for my corro stars.

kel

Dedicated elf
mine used to be stored in our stables, but somehow, in the last few years, they became stored in my glass-fronted shed that has a back entrance as well ... too crowded ... not so after this season ... they will go back to the stables until I have a new shed or two ;)

27 bins of lights + blowmolds + inflatables + wire frames + other sundry stuff

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Last year I stored everything in 100ltr plastic containers.

Ask me next year what I did this year as at this point I have absolutely no clue where I am going to store everything. My main concern is my window frames. I can take the PVC conduit apart but dont want to roll the strip back up as it will kinda be "stuck" in the straight/bent position.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
it is ok to store items in the ceiling as long as you make a flooring above your ceiling joist. eg place a length of timber over the top of 2 walls then add joist on top of these and then flooring. that is the best way of doing it.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
My shed is 18m x 9m or pretty much 60ft x 30ft so i have plenty of room. Most of the stuff is stored over head height well out of the road. my mega tree which is a little over 5.5m hangs up on the back wall of the shed :)