superstar to xlights sequences for use

ChrisB

New elf
Wondering if there is a way to take an already built super star sequence and convert it into xlights to be used by an e1.31 system (j1sys p12r). Thanks Chris

dougd

Full time elf
The super star sequence would have to be converted to an .lms file and then it could be converted in xlights. If you dont have superstar I can do the conversion for you.

ChrisB

New elf
Doug, thanks for the reply. I do have superstar. To be quite honest what I am looking to do is purchase a few pre made sequences from someone over at the lor forum and use them this year. But it was strictly made using superstar. I do not have ccr's. I have 2811's and j1 sys p12r. Can you explain/teach me how to do this conversion. Thanks Chris

dougd

Full time elf
I have purchased quite a few superstar sequences. I also do not use any CCR's. Are you planiing on running your show with S3 or xlights?

If you can pop over into chat at some point and I can show you my process.

ChrisB

New elf
Thanks Doug D! I will be using S3 for sequencing/shows. Chris

dougd

Full time elf
If using S3 it will be quite easy to use bought sequences. I have a channel config that strips out all the CCR channels and makes it easy to use in sequences. I use 2811 strips for my super star tree also.

wmmccallum

New elf
Doug

Yet another user trying to convert a purchased .sup file (galloping_Jinglebells) for use with xlights. I have S3 but not the add-on for superstar.

I would appreciate your stripper.

Bill

gerry

Senior elf
I am pretty sure that you can import a super star sequence into xlights - as with xl4 , there are a number of continuing enhancements to importing all sorts of data and in fact the default when you go to import / convert is superstar !

I have used it extensively to import LSP and some LMS sequences , but I know that others are doing superstar .

Having said that - I don't know anything about superstar .

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Use the Import tab in xL4 and you can import SS directly --- no strippers required (as disappointing as that may be for some ;) )
Just make sure you Open a new sequence with the music track and Add the models you want to assign SS to like your Mega tree.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I import the superstar file into Xlights yet the results are not matching up with what it should look like and did look like last year with LOR. Missing a lot. I gotta get these SUP files transferred to Xlights... Somebody please help!

smeighan

Dedicated elf
I gave tried maybe 20 superstar sup files, all have looked fine.if we are missing something u can always open it in superstar and then save as a lms file. U then import the lms as a data layer

Gilrock

Full time elf
uncledan said:
I import the superstar file into Xlights yet the results are not matching up with what it should look like and did look like last year with LOR. Missing a lot. I gotta get these SUP files transferred to Xlights... Somebody please help!

What type of model is the SUP file built for? They work well on the 12x50 trees I use. He has some new sequences that are modeled as double-wide and those won't import correctly and I'm not going to try to handle them. You gotta be a little more specific about what is missing.