Sydney/NSW Sydney 2012 Mini Interest Thread - Not to be missed

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Definately open to everyone, experts, beginners and everyone in between. We just need a date to be set

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ok we need to give this a shot in the arm as i havent heard back about the venue yet.

Due to the many ongoing things im involved in I will require others to help organise this event, I do not have the time myself to organise this. So lets get some involvement to make this happen. I will meassage the venue organiser again to see if we can set a date in concrete and book the venue, but if that fails then it appears their may be another venue option available at the fish markets.

So im looking for organisers for this event, so please put your hands up

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Depending on the chosen date I'll be in for helping run the day for sure. Not my fisrt mini at all lol. I cant make the 15th, but can make the 8th ok, so that will determine what I can do.

john_s_sub

Apprentice elf
New to forum but also happy to help out. Also, not sure what type of venue you are after but have access to a large church hall with all the main stuff required eg project, kitchen, plenty of room plus cost is reasonable donation to church (just would need to confirm date).

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
No reply about the venue so looks like we may need to goto plan B and have this at another venue

We will now confirm the date as being the 8th so lets now confirm a venue.

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
Good News Everyone! Work has agreed to allow ACL to have access to the exhibition room for the Sydney Mini. The room has a projector (hard wired), kitchenette, house P.A system, White boards, tables, chairs..... The room can hold about 80 sitting and is naturally almost dark during daylight hours (as most if the windows have been built over. Since the Sydney Mini is in the middle of winter, we'll have central air conditioning to keep us warm!
I suppose your thinking "where is work?" It's Sydney Fish Market (SFM) located in Pyrmont. Parking should not be an issue with the boss agreeing to supply us with free off site parking (next door to SFM). I'll issue a pass over the forum to registered attendee's, which will need to be shown to gain access to free parking.
We can do our own thing and buy lunch down stairs, from a variety of retailers individually or we can use the kitchenette to self cater.
So.....I'll leave it up to the organisers to make a decision if you would like to come to SFM for the Sydney Mini.
Cheers
Craig (Christmas in the Shire)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Christmas in the Shire said:
Good News Everyone! Work has agreed to allow ACL to have access to the exhibition room for the Sydney Mini. The room has a projector (hard wired), kitchenette, house P.A system, White boards, tables, chairs..... The room can hold about 80 sitting and is naturally almost dark during daylight hours (as most if the windows have been built over. Since the Sydney Mini is in the middle of winter, we'll have central air conditioning to keep us warm!
I suppose your thinking "where is work?" It's Sydney Fish Market (SFM) located in Pyrmont. Parking should not be an issue with the boss agreeing to supply us with free off site parking (next door to SFM). I'll issue a pass over the forum to registered attendee's, which will need to be shown to gain access to free parking.
We can do our own thing and buy lunch down stairs, from a variety of retailers individually or we can use the kitchenette to self cater.
So.....I'll leave it up to the organisers to make a decision if you would like to come to SFM for the Sydney Mini.
Cheers
Craig (Christmas in the Shire)

This is great news and sounds like a perfect venue for the Sydney mini with minimal setup required. We can then go and help ourselves to some nice food at the markets for lunch.

The fact that i have not heard back about the original venue and time is running out i would like to confirm if eveyone else is happy with the Sydney mini to be held at the Sydney Fish Markets venue on Sunday the 8th of July. Im all for it.

I would also like to thank Craig for organising this top class venue, it is appreciated

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Eddy i am very happy with any loaction for the mini and as you say this is a great location. Lunch should be Great also. Count me in.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Brilliant work & I am happy with the altered location, even though it's a bit further away, it is not a huge issue for me.

Well being the 8th I will confirm that I will be attending (I was not going if on the 15th).

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
OK Guys all confirmed. The Sydney Fish Markets will be hosting the event in 2012!
I have a few Questions regarding how the day is going to run.
Would we like to do a morning tea and afternoon tea? Have free flowing coffee and tea all day, soft drinks....?
If so would we all like to put in for some basic in house catering? Otherwise the day may get expensive with coffee's and drinks retailing from $4 each.... Expect to pay between $15.00 and $20.00 for lunch, so was thinking we can do something cost effective for morning tea, afternoon tea and drinks all day. Happy to purchase tea coffee biscuits and soft drink and make them freely available on the day.
Thoughts?
Are there any other needs for the day I can get on tiop of? This will be my first Mini ....so a bit of a planning learning curve for me.