Sydney/NSW Sydney mini location 2017

Who should run this years mini on the 3rd &4th of june?

• Lithgowlights

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • swb

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Benxmaslights

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Roo

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
What is a disappointment is that we had one of the gurus of Xlights wanting to do some classes which would have helped many.
For me it looks like ill be in China either that week or the week after now, so may have been hard for me to go again this year

Im wondering if a non official gathering could take place somewhere that would require less formal organisation as it appears many who were instrumental in organising past Sydney Minis are too busy which is understandable as it does take some effort to organise and hold a mini meet.

i13

Dedicated elf
I still want to come. Is there anything I can do to help from Canberra?

i13

Dedicated elf
Maybe we need a poll to find out how many people are interested.

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
Unfortunately we had a venue in the past that was central to everyone and it was FREE. This venue was then offered again but the person who offered the space then disappears with no contact details. Many emails and PMs not answered. Ben has been an awesome organiser of the minis over the last few years, but he is very busy at the moment and has been unreachable which led us to have a zoom session with everyone that was interested to put options out there but 3 of us showed up.

I have a venue lined up for a micro on the same weekend with Keith still interested in giving an xlights insight to the new guys, But its on the Central Coast (Swansea).

If anyone in the Sydney/Newcastle area that wishes to see this happen, Please express interest and I'll start a new thread.

Troy

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
That was another option. Plenty of scout halls, community centres available but are people willing to pay?

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Troy, I checked with work and I can use our meeting room, so we have a venue in Newcastle CBD available as well.
Swansea is ok with me also

Baf05

Full time elf
Given my Xlights transition this year, I am keen, 4/5 June would have suited me too.

I am happy to travel to the Central Coast, just gota arrange a visa out of Canberra :p

Status
Not open for further replies.