TM1804IC,DC12V

David_K

Full time elf
Hi Guys, need some help with the tm1804IC 12V lights, are they directional like the strip lights etc? if so how do you tell which direction to power up from? All I can get is a single node to light blue. Any advice appreciated.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
There is sometimes text on the little PCB to indicate data in (DI) and data out (DO). You may have to slice one open to read it clearly.

David_K

Full time elf
Thank You David, will take a look, I am a little concerned I have 12 x 50node strands and none seem to work. a couple have lit about 75% on two strands but only when I hold the blue wire in my fingers??? other than that most will not light and some have the first node light up but no others. These should work with the j1sys ecg-p2 or not?

David_K

Full time elf
Thanks for your input guys much appreciated, I seemed to have solved the problem I did not have the string type selected in the gateway. My only problem now is the colours are not as they should be, for example red is coming out as blue. Has anyone encountered this before?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
David_K said:
Thanks for your input guys much appreciated, I seemed to have solved the problem I did not have the string type selected in the gateway. My only problem now is the colours are not as they should be, for example red is coming out as blue. Has anyone encountered this before?

This is the RGB orientation and is a very common thing to not be in the incorrect order, but the controllers support this change in the configuration screen as you can change the RGB orientation to suit your lights.

David_K

Full time elf
Thanks Eddy, all solved now. As soon as I seen your comments I remembered reading about this in one of the excellent publications you guys did. Thanks for everyone help without this forum I doubt I would have ever made the change to rgb and animation.