Tune-to controller for P10 panel

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Ben, I got your pm but can't reply to your full inbox. :eek:

You didn't give me your new address (and I didn't know you moved) so your unit went to your old address.

Wolfie

Full time elf
Will the shipping disaster (bankruptcy) affect your shipments to the US? Kinda wondering if we will get our boards by Halloween. Should I plan to use my arduino just in case you think?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
I don't have the tracking numbers for the NZ / USA packages here at home, but will look them up on Monday to check progress.

Wolfie

Full time elf
I just found out about the shipping shipping carrier that filed bankruptcy yesterday and I am not sure who uses them or if they are involved in your shipments or if the will affect orders from Ray/Tom to the US.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
oh ok i thought you would have used the postal address from paypal. so would they return the board to you???

what do i do now

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
BensChristmasLights said:
oh ok i thought you would have used the postal address from paypal. so would they return the board to you???

what do i do now

You didn't have an address listed in the PayPal transaction. That's why I used the address I sent stuff to last time.

I guess PM me your new address and I'll send another board and ribbon out.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Wolfie said:
I just found out about the shipping shipping carrier that filed bankruptcy yesterday and I am not sure who uses them or if they are involved in your shipments or if the will affect orders from Ray/Tom to the US.

Maybe I live in a cave, but I've not heard anything about this.

A quick Google suggests that it was a container shipping company involved? If that's the case, there's no issue as all small parcels go via air.

ShayneT

Apprentice elf
David,

That is most likely the case. Based on the time container shipping takes it is highly unlikely that DHL or FedEx would use that method to cross the pond.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
I sent all the NZ / USA packages via economy air mail as that was the cheapest option and still reasonably fast.

Wolfie

Full time elf
David_AVD said:
Wolfie said:

Maybe I live in a cave, but I've not heard anything about this.

A quick Google suggests that it was a container shipping company involved? If that's the case, there's no issue as all small parcels go via air.

Correct. I didn't think it would be an issue but I was not positive.

Betting this will affect some mass shipments from China for vendors getting stuff in bulk.

ShayneT

Apprentice elf
Arrived safe and sound in Florida today.

Will connect up this weekend and plan to build the case.

Thanks again David

is it possible to make the link cable longer? Im possibly looking at putting a p10 in each of my lounge room windows, and was thinking of making the cable longer.

cheers

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
To be honest, I really don't know how long the ribbon cable could be before the signal gets corrupted. You'd have to try it.