Urgent - Looking for 30V DC Power Packs Please!

Charger

Apprentice elf
My power supply has died, for my old 30V DC Big W lights.
I chopped off my plug packs when I switched over to a single power supply a couple of years ago and for some stupid reason I threw them out. Does anybody have some old plug packs in Brisbane that they would be willing to sell, so I can get my lights up and running while I order another power supply.

Thanks in advance
Craig

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The older (heavy) plug packs for the 3-wire strings were 22V AC with the MFC converting that to the equivalent of about 30V DC.

If you don't have the MFCs any more you'll need to at least rectify the plug pack output to use with the lights.

Some of the newer Big W lights came with a lighter switch-mode plug pack that was DC.

I may have a few of the 22V AC plugpacks left over. Not sure if I have any MFCs left.

Ellis

Naughty Elf
I've got quite a few of the newer Bunnings plug packs you can use if you get stuck, Gold Coast to pick them up though.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
See attached photo. These are off Big W lights from around 3 years ago, never used as I used the string on a DC controller.
They are 30V DC and comes with the controller.
I have 8 you can have if you need that many.

Attachments

• IMG_6042.JPG
    IMG_6042.JPG
    857.2 KB · Views: 15

Charger

Apprentice elf
Thanks for the responses all, i am northside of brisbane so that would be preferable. David- the lights are from a few years ago when the mfc wasn't built in. Some of them were 30v dc and others were 24v ac i think. Keith i didn't even think to ask if a member had any 350watt supplies spare. Would you be willing to sell one?

Charger

Apprentice elf
Gnarmstr, that's exactly the ones i am looking for. 8 would work. Would you be willing to sell them?

keithsw1111

Senior elf
If you want it its yours still in box i think ... You just need to decide which of the several offers you have on the table. Postage is probably going to be a bit more from sydney. They cost me US$19 and about US$16 postage ... happy to waive the $US postage but you need to cover the Aussie postage.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I just read you initial post again and I actually have a spare 30V 600W 20A power supply as well. What would you prefer?

You can have the big w ones for nothing as I will never use them. However the power supply is a spare so would need a replacement or when you get yours just give it back.

Charger

Apprentice elf
Wow 600watt!. I wouldn't feel comfortable about using it then giving back. How much did you buy it for?

Charger

Apprentice elf
Yes mate. China is good just a bit far away. Do you mind taking a look to see what the replacement cost will be plus postage. Thanks

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I really don't mind if you borrow it while waiting for yours, especially as you probably don't need 600W and thenfore don't need to spend that much. If it breaks then it breaks don't stress or worry over it.