very flexible hook up cable for wiring components?

Hi, looking at wiring up my new enclosure with DIN rail mounted items (terminal blocks etc), and I want to use hook-up cable that is very flexible.

what gauge wire should i get (and where) I am thinking of 16awg or 1.5mm...

cheers

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi Heath,
Usually flex cable is multi stranded which is often dearer. So for 1.5mm you would perhaps look at 30/0.25 instead of say 7/0.53
element 14 sell it as would any electrical wholesaler and no doubt ebay as well.

cheers
Fing

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
heathwithnoteeth said:
I ordered some from Element15 (gosh their website is awfully slow)

was cheaper than i thought at 0.63c per metre
Website may be slow but delivery prompt thats where we have purchased raspberry pis and recieved next day from interstate to adelaide never had to wait

i got my raspi stuff from RS Components (Always free and fast shipping) i think they are the parent company of E14, but RS is more geared towards the trade.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
heathwithnoteeth said:
i got my raspi stuff from RS Components (Always free and fast shipping) i think they are the parent company of E15, but RS is more geared towards the trade.
Oh ok never used them . only element 14 as prices where great for the pi s

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
heathwithnoteeth said:
i got my raspi stuff from RS Components (Always free and fast shipping) i think they are the parent company of E14, but RS is more geared towards the trade.

RS and E14 are competitors and not related to each other at all.

Generally I find RS more expensive, but they do have free shipping for any order if you have an account. E14 only offer free shipping on orders over $45 + GST.