Vivid 2023 … exhibiting

Shane G

New elf
Generous elf
Any idea roughly what that sort of insurance costs. I also wonder how the sponsorship works.
Under the category of exhibition stand erectors $1150 for 12 months $630 for 6 months $350 for 3 months my insurance is for party hire not sure if it is applicable or not in this case.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
So ... Vivid has posted their criteria etc for 2023 for those interested: https://www.vividsydney.com/apply.

Applications are due 1 August.

Seems like those interested may want to jump into zoom one Friday night and hash out how many and how invested folks are in applying.

Max Jago

New elf
I’m definitely interested! Can bring flames and sparks up also mixed with lights we could definitely be the best display yet 🤪

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
So ... Vivid has posted their criteria etc for 2023 for those interested: https://www.vividsydney.com/apply.

Applications are due 1 August.

Seems like those interested may want to jump into zoom one Friday night and hash out how many and how invested folks are in applying.

Reading through the funding models is interesting. If its something that is going to happen the display would have to be designed asap. its all pretty generic from NSW gov in regards to the T&C's.

The only grey area is what the space would be like does it all depend on scale of the proposed tender?

How would this proceed?
Would this be a part investment by vivid's partners where some equipment is rented to vivid by the "volunteers of ACL".
how would consumables then be billed? This all has to be accounted before prior to contract engagement as I know from experience that they will want everything set in stone before engagement for budgeting purposes.

Thinking of a timeline for this would be:
Design meetings -> concept art -> revision of what is possible to be built in the time constraint -> final 3D art for submission all by August 22

Let me know if a zoom meeting is to be called 👍

scamper

Dedicated elf
being in WA, I am of no help :( Except I like the idea of an interactive light tunnel and being an ACL collaboration, I see a talking xmas tree at the start of the tunnel welcoming guests and maybe some piano notes etc that run with the lights :unsure:
Come on guys, you can do it!!!!! :cool:
And if you lot don't do it, I may start working on that for my display :coffee:

Shane G

New elf
Generous elf
I'm Still good but only have 10 to 14 days now that prior to the event to be available in Sydney a Friday zoom meeting should be good for me.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
So if we are going to do this we need to get a move on. I propose a meeting in xLights zoom on Friday July 8 @ 8pm.

There are a number of obligations included in the documents I attached earlier that I definitely can't do so unless there are others who can help this is not going to go anywhere.

Kavee

New elf
I don’t know about you guys but I have often been underwhelmed by the vivid exhibitions … and have thought about bidding to enter but I don’t really want to do it on my own. Obviously entries for 2022 are closed but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me in creating an acl team to put in a entry bid for 2023? With the build and technical capabilities here surely we could smash it.
Late to the discussion, but not late to say last vivid was sooo underwhelming to the point I was thinking to myself is this a reflection of country going into recession? I've been to many vivids over the years, and there is a clear declining pattern there, technology and creativity is going on a downhill! As an example, the projections at the customs building is so poorly made, specially comparing to what they have done few years back.
Without much thought, we got down at Martin Place thinking there will be plenty of installations along the way to Circular Quay, but not a single light installation was to be found until we reached the Quay.

Kavee

New elf
Honestly, some of the personal house light installations of Sydney folks published in this forum I see is superior to VIVID 2022 :cautious: