3.x Vixen Messaging for Vixen 3 Send a Message to your lights

grahami2006

Full time elf
bpj1980 said:
here are my email settings hope this helps, i started with emails working then moved to Vixen, the Vixen Messaging will send an email back to the account you have sent it from also, great piece of software i am going to work on the SMS side tonight,
http://i.imgur.com/6Lvw2vj.jpg

Here are some screen shots I have taken of gmail set up as well as messaging set up.

Attachments

• Doc2.docx
    54.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Doc3.docx
    79.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Doc4.docx
    94.7 KB · Views: 6

B_P_J

Full time elf
hey Graham, change the option #2 When messages are accessed with POP to delete gmails copy, other things look setup ok too, one thing i did find when i opened the VixenOut.tim in Vixen it said error opening, but then after the Messaging was sending it could be opened, also check your channel mapping settings in Vixen

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
grahami2006 said:
bpj1980 said:
here are my email settings hope this helps, i started with emails working then moved to Vixen, the Vixen Messaging will send an email back to the account you have sent it from also, great piece of software i am going to work on the SMS side tonight,
http://i.imgur.com/6Lvw2vj.jpg

Here are some screen shots I have taken of gmail set up as well as messaging set up.

After looking at your screenshots everything appears to look good so at this stage I am not sure why you would not be receiving the messages, Can you check your Blacklist and delete the word hell as this will stop the word hello from getting through or you can select to use the whitelist. then please try again. When sending an email it can take up to a minute to get through as I found out in Sydney it only takes around 4 seconds yet when I went to Darwin it would take about a minute using the same setup and email accounts.

If you still have issues please PM me.

Geoff

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
cozbert said:
im also keen to give it a whirl

smartalec and cozbert, I have a few guys testing it now and need to make a couple of changes (found some underlying issues), once this is done I will send you a link to the updated app for you to do more testing.

So far it seems like the app is working great for most testers with the majority of the issues being either Email or Vixen 3 not setup correctly.

Geoff

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
i got banned from it.. it kept tempting me not too.. :D
i never got to see the text scrolling but i did see the nutcracker effect kick in.
suppose it's one thing..

when someone sends a message, cause we add a custom msg to the start of there's?
when a person gets warned, it is possible to have that msg an count customed?
quote " You have been banned for the night for sending inappropiate words. Thank you for watching the lights on Northridge Rd. "

this is a great app.. only issue i see is that i run vixen3 sequences off the falcon pi player
is it possible to convert your app over to the pi ?

keep up the great work

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
smartalec said:
i got banned from it.. it kept tempting me not too.. :D
i never got to see the text scrolling but i did see the nutcracker effect kick in.
suppose it's one thing..

when someone sends a message, cause we add a custom msg to the start of there's?
when a person gets warned, it is possible to have that msg an count customed?
quote " You have been banned for the night for sending inappropiate words. Thank you for watching the lights on Northridge Rd. "

this is a great app.. only issue i see is that i run vixen3 sequences off the falcon pi player
is it possible to convert your app over to the pi ?

keep up the great work

Good point on the return message when banned, will fix that up so the user can change.

As for the PI, I have no idea how that one works, maybe later on in the year I could look at that. Have you tested to see if you can use the app while the PI seq is running.

grahami2006

Full time elf
This is now the message I get. Do I need to change the SMS box to the email account. I have Vixen running. I presume I do not have to do anything with the effects in the sequence.

Attachments

• Doc5.docx
    57.6 KB · Views: 7

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
grahami2006 said:
This is now the message I get. Do I need to change the SMS box to the email account. I have Vixen running. I presume I do not have to do anything with the effects in the sequence.

If your just using it with Emails and not sending an SMS then it doesn't matter what's in the SMS box. I will need to rename that message you get in the log box as it shouldn't say SMS Message. It should just say Message.

Not sure why you got that error.

Something that I forgot to mention to everyone is that you must have the Latest version of Vixen 3.1 as the Vixen team changed some of the Nutcracker Options.

cozbert

Full time elf
seems to work ok when i dont have a sequence running, but it overwrites the current sequence that is playing?

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
cozbert said:
seems to work ok when i dont have a sequence running, but it overwrites the current sequence that is playing?

Can anyone else confirm this as I can't replicate this issue. I have just done some more testing with my Vixen sequence running and when I use Vixen Messaging it just overlays the Text and effects onto the Preview with the original one still running.

How are you running the sequence? Is it from the Sequence Editor, From a Schedule or from the Web interface? If from the web interface then only one can play at a time (this is a Vixen 3 thing). If used normally with the editor or Scheduler then it should run fine.

Cheers

Geoff

B_P_J

Full time elf
Hey Geoff,
I am having a similar issue to what you said, if I am running a sequence with a Display, they run over each other, I have worked around it a little bit by using launcher to start & stop Vixen Messaging when I got my own running, but stopping the program doesn't stop the VixenOut sequence so it continues for the set time, any way we can stop the sequence when the program is stopped/shutdown? that way we can launch it any time through Vixen we want, to prevent it overwriting what we have up there? just my 2 cents worth, otherwise loving it, going to look at the SMS side tonight, I have just installed the latest version you sent this evening, so having a look to see if it still over lays existing displays,
Thanks for your continued hard work,
Brad

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
bpj1980 said:
Hey Geoff,
I am having a similar issue to what you said, if I am running a sequence with a Display, they run over each other, I have worked around it a little bit by using launcher to start & stop Vixen Messaging when I got my own running, but stopping the program doesn't stop the VixenOut sequence so it continues for the set time, any way we can stop the sequence when the program is stopped/shutdown? that way we can launch it any time through Vixen we want, to prevent it overwriting what we have up there? just my 2 cents worth, otherwise loving it, going to look at the SMS side tonight, I have just installed the latest version you sent this evening, so having a look to see if it still over lays existing displays,
Brad

It will overlay the existing display, that is what it was originally designed to do. I wanted to be able to run my show at night and have my app running in the background so whenever someone send a message it comes through straight away, while my show is still going. All I do is leave a section of my Matrix for the messages.

Geoff

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
bpj1980 said:
Hey Geoff,
Brad

I haven't played with the launcher, so I would be interested in how you ended up setting it up.

Cheers