Want to remove flasher unit - help needed

EssG

New elf
Hi

I have my LED "Fairy Lights" up all year in my back garden as garden lighting - I bought a new set of 250 white LED sting light from Aldi which has a green flasher unit wired inline near the transformer end.

Some how this has filled up with water and last night stopped working...I just opened it and all the components are corroded, so I would like to remove the unit from the circuit as I'm not a great fan of flashing lights at best of times.

My problem is that there are 2 wires coming into the flasher unit from the transformer and 3 going out to the string, so how do I join these to get power directly from the transformer to the string with out the flasher unit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Ess

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Ess, how you bypass the controller will depend on what type of light set it it.

Are these lights 240V direct connection or do they have a transformer?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Doh - missed the mention of transformer!

You can bypass the multifunction controllers, but you will need to use 4 diodes (or a diode bridge) to perform the rectification that was occurring in the MFC.

EssG

New elf
OK please can you explain more David. I thought it was just going to be joining wires :-[ -

Flasher unit info is 24V input 50 Hrz output 0.83A

Cheers
Ess

EssG

New elf
Thanks David - Now where do I get a diode Bridge ?

Cheers
Ess

EssG

New elf
David - My MFC does not have the common wire marked in any way but the one closest to the input wires is the center wire in the 3 strand. Would that be it?

Thanks again for your help

Cheers

Eric outback NT

Living the fast life
You will need 4 and make the rectifier yourself if you get the single diode from dick smith the package in the wiki is the complete unit of 4 and I think would be better for you as XDU said from Caboolture Jaycar