What are you changing this year? Elements you are building or installing for 2023

108CAM

Proud to have the largest display on my street!
My display will finally have an entrance and a surprise homemade decoration.
I will also be relocating certain items to make room for some other new additions.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Garage Day 3? 98% done. There are a few tweaks needed to make the flakes point out and a slight adjustment needed for the strings. I ran the lower 6 props from a single port and it's too much by the time it gets to the last spinner.
GarageDay3.jpg
Second floor Day 1? Put the Snowflakes up and wired everything. Bad news is between Halloween and setup I lost a couple pixels in the window frames and 2 frames need to be fixed. I also did not manage to map the ports right and need to adjust that also.
BadLights.jpg

scamper

Dedicated elf
What about mega tree strip? I’m using lots of it for fences. I’m making up some mounts to put every 1-2m to keep it from twisting.
I have actually come up with another solution.
I am putting pixels inside cable trays :)

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Garage Day 4? Made adjustments and things are working well. The garage is done and ready to go. Added the edge verticals and the lower 6 props this year.
GarageDay4.jpg

Second Floor Day 3? Had to fix 3 windows frames that had pixels issues. Added HD Rosa Wreaths and 6 snowflakes and rearranged them.
SecondFloorDay3.jpg

Now to focus on the first floor and the yard.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
How is everyone's setup going?

Today mine has gone backwards, due to having to take something down that developed a faulty pixel (it was WS2811 – too bad it didn't have data backup!). Hopefully it can be reinstalled tomorrow.

Oh, and I couldn't resist this cheeky test pic from earlier tonight with some local fireworks in the background 😆.
xmas23---lighting-test-november-18-with-local-fireworks.jpg

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf

Today mine has gone backwards, due to having to take something down that developed a faulty pixel (it was WS2811 – too bad it didn't have data backup!). Hopefully it can be reinstalled tomorrow.

Oh, and I couldn't resist this cheeky test pic from earlier tonight with some local fireworks in the background 😆.
View attachment 24416
It looks like a transformer blowing up behind the building.

Iain

Full time elf
I can hardly believe everything I plugged in today is working. This being my first year I hadn’t even tested the 30m Ethernet cables nor differential boards… I’ve got about half my display up, but not all powered because I ran out of time to make cables. I’m very pleased with using extension cable to run long 5V wiring.

crazymofo

Apprentice elf
Happy with how my layout turned out this year, all my ideas have worked. I brought my whole viewing area forward to the fence line and it’s so much better. 3rd year, everything is new except for the 6 stars and one talking tree. I also made it my mission to not use zip ties (or very few) and i succeeded.
IMG_0606.jpeg

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Well, lately it has been all about setup and not so much about props. That has changed the last couple of days. One of my wish lists for this year was to double my Megatree from 1200 to 2400 pixels. Here are 20 of the 24 strands upgraded. Just need to finish the last 4 and everything will be good to go. Each strand went from 50 to 100 pixels.

MegaStrands.jpg

Whitey-

Apprentice elf
When you say you doubled the strands @Indigogyre , did you cable tie or join in another way together two strands you'd already made, or did you cut fresh 100 long strips? If you joined, would love to see how!