WHY IS IT SO....

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I have 4 Of rays controllers lined up side by side in order to get 36 channels. 1x 27ch and 3x 3ch. All the power and data goes into the 27ch first then cascade in/out of the other 3, 3ch ones. The problem I came across was is that the last controller in the setup wouldn't work. In fact the only way it will work is if the data + wire is disconnected from the last controller. Then every thing works sweet.

Superman

Global moderator
Done some swapping around and it all works fine, I started the data into the 3ch ones first, finishing at the 27ch.
I also connected a 5th controller to the output of the 27ch and things went haywire. Has anyone used the output on these 27ch to link to other controllers?

Superman

Global moderator
I have another one out the front set up now but haven't setup the controllers after it yet. will be getting onto very quickly

Superman

Global moderator
Houston, we may have problems.... Just connect this bank to the out putput of my other 27ch and had problems.

talk2coxie

Full time elf
Steve, I have linked 3 of these 27 channel controllers one after the other without any issue.

I now have the 3 x 27 Channel controllers after the CCR in one of the universes and it still seems to work ok for now. I can't seem to be of much help with this

Superman

Global moderator
did you remove the XLR plugs from the 27 boards?

Superman

Global moderator
Got it all working now. Still don't really know what the issue was but i ended up going with input to the 3x 3ch controllers then the 27ch controller.
Then as a test, I connected it to a LOR controller as DMX then out of LOR back to a single 3 ch.
All works today. Will see what it does tomorrow