Xlights home folders

Dreamin

Full time elf
I created a home folder when I started with xlights 3 years ago, then a sub folder with a year "Christmas 2020" for example and then I was copying that folder for the next year before I got in hacking away at models and layouts. I started on a mechanical drive and moved all my show to my new PC and put it in one drive, and just copied the home folder at before my show started last year. This year I didn't bother I just used last years. Next years I'm starting from scratch and will re import everything and make sure it all works as one drive takes forever when your moving things around.

My issue is that I was uploading to FPP last night and realised all my sequences are in C drive under one drive as they should be but most of my sequences media is still referencing the age old E Drive mechanical drive which still has the old files sitting there doing nothing. Argh!

Is there a way to change this without opening each sequence and doing it manually. I have 50+ sequences. over 40 have this issue!

I've learnt loads this year, my rendering wasn't going well but didn't realise I had to set the master for each sequence as they were all using different ones I had created over time. xD

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Use an advanced text file editor like EditPadPro and use the Find and Replace function. Can open multiple files at once and replace functions works across all open files when you have the 'All files' option ticked

Dreamin

Full time elf
Use an advanced text file editor like EditPadPro and use the Find and Replace function. Can open multiple files at once and replace functions works across all open files when you have the 'All files' option ticked
I'll give it a go.
Try moving the media to a subfolder of the show folder. xLights should find the files.
Yeah it's weird before I put everything under a Home folder and moved it as one, but it still references the old files. I followed the directory structure when I started so I wouldn't have problems later on. Doh!

Dreamin

Full time elf
Thanks mate, that worked, found 650 that needed replacing! o_O