xlights test and FPP

orchidman33

Full time elf
I'm having an issue! I have sequence that I want to test on my Falcon F16v3 controled by a Pi 3B + . I have setup 12 universe all with 510 channels( used multi cast at this time), set the chanel numbers and ports in the layout, used 'check sequence' - on issues here.
I have then gone to the Pi, set the channel inputs (18 inputs, E1.31/multi cast, 510 channels).Channel otputs have also been setup,18 universe, 510 channels each,multicast,
the Falcon has been setup as follows - 12 inputs with 510 channels,all E1.31and 16 string ports.
I am able to ping the Falcon and upload sequence and audio/video with not probem.The test feature on the Falcon turns the lights on as it should and so does the test on the FPP. But when I come back to xlights the test function and even playing the sequence with the FPP in bridge mode does not work.I am able to play the sequence with the FPP in standalone mode.
Where have I gone wrong or what have I not done - HELP

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Not really a normal way to configure things ... bridge mode is used more for pixels or capes attached to the pi ... not for passing data through and onto a falcon. To do that you are better off setting the pi up as a gateway and routing traffic through it ... but multicast wont go through such gateways so you are pretty much s**t out of luck there as well. Moving to a more normal configuration would make more sense.

orchidman33

Full time elf
Keith I have had the setup in unicast and I have the Pi set for as a bridge to pass traffic through (ticked the box at the bottom of the 'network setup' page) but it still didn'r work.

What are you calling a ' more normal configuration' ?

keithsw1111

Senior elf
I would set up xLights to unicast to the controller. Then either on your switch or your computer set up a route to the falcon via the pi's wifi interface. The pi then just passes on the packets without actually looking at them.

Dave_Szoka

Full time elf
If your part of the xlights Facebook group search Daniel Kulp. He has been working on FPP proxies which might help you

There is a video about it.. can’t share it outside the group

orchidman33

Full time elf
Thank you all for your assistance, I finally got things operating.
I change the setup on xlights to unicast with the correct ip address and put the Pi into remote operation.
Hey presto - test on xlights worked and I am able to run a sequence from the computer.

Wayne

New elf
Thanks, Keith for the replay to Orchidman. I ran across it and it helped me get the network straightened out. Unicast, Persistent Routes using the wifi interface as the gateway!! Thanks for saving me more headaches! (My aspirin bottle is empty! LOL