Sydney/NSW 2014 Sydney Mini/Vivid festival Time Again - 31st of May/1st June - Confirmed

Benslights

Dedicated elf
hi guys im just waiting on the parking passes from shire for the hi mix parking next door. as soon as I get them I will pm them to you

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
For all those sitting on the fence and thinking about coming to Vivid and/or the mini then its not too late as it is a very worth while experience

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Sadly have to stay behind at work this year. Hopefully can make it across the ditch next year. I'm sure all those attending will have a great time.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
A couple of things I could present if any are interested ...

I build and code from scratch arduino Micro controller based lights controllers running WS2811 lights. It offers a controller price point that cant be beat and a project for the true techies at heart.

I also have been using logic analysers and oscilloscopes to understand what is actually going on on the wire when controlling your lights. I can spend some time demoing these tools as well.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
keithsw1111 said:
A couple of things I could present if any are interested ...

I build and code from scratch arduino Micro controller based lights controllers running WS2811 lights. It offers a controller price point that cant be beat and a project for the true techies at heart.

I also have been using logic analysers and oscilloscopes to understand what is actually going on on the wire when controlling your lights. I can spend some time demoing these tools as well.

I would love to go through the signal with a logic analyser and see whats going on and how different scenarios can effect the signal, will be a very good theory and faultfinding lesson for thos nasty times when people get flickering

Benslights

Dedicated elf
well everyone should now have there parking pass for Sunday. please pm me if you do not.

also it is not to late to book in for the mini. just let us know and your more then welcome

for those getting there early and wanting to help setup we will be able to get in from 7am

also could people bring some of there controllers along so we can have a good mix to show people and also samples of there strips or strings. please just label them with your name so they do not get mixed up with others.

as the first part of the day we just want o quickly show people what is out there. then move into the other parts of lighting

here is the run sheet at the moment. if you have any suggestions please let us know

run%20sheet-page1.jpg

run%20sheet-page2.jpg

the advance section at 1:30 will have all software sections running classes at the same time so you can select what one you want to go to

mborg10

Michael Borg
Just for reference for first timers with parking Hi-mix is the concreting place next to fish markets. Makes sense now but last year it took me a couple of goes to find it.

Also I'll bring some of the strapping with mounted pixels like in ruprects mega tree guide. I will also bring one of the milky white stars.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
ok well it is not long till the Sydney mini now.

a few may be asking

ok parking sorted with hymix parking next to the fish markets and have pass for that.

then what????

ok it is simple you walk through the car park through to the main entrance to the fish markets. then as soon as you walk in you will see some glass doors to your left.

go through these and up the stairs. once you hit the landing at the top of the stairs go to your left again and out the door in front out you and then you will see a door to your left. that will be the room for the min.

please do not forget your $10 for mini entry as this covers a nice lunch and the rest of the things for the day.

here is a pic of how to get into the markets

entrance%20to%20mini.jpg

look forward to seeing you all

also those needing to setup we will be there from 7am and those that would like to help setup are more then welcome

mborg10

Michael Borg
Sorry guys but I'm going to have to be a last minute withdrawal from the Sydney mini tomorrow. I had put down I was bringing drinks but hopefully someone else can make a last minute dash to the shops so everyone stays hydrated.
Hope its a great day.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
well it looks like we have drinks well covered this year

I have 30 coke 12 solo 12 ginger beer.

does anyone want to put there hands up to pick some ice up in the morning?????

I am bringing a esky