Sydney/NSW 2014 Sydney Mini/Vivid festival Time Again - 31st of May/1st June - Confirmed

grahami2006

Full time elf
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
ok guys and girl

this year Christmas in the shire will not be able to attend the sydney mini but has still been able to get us the fish markets location at no charge. so a big thanks to shire for this and i hope he enjoys his overseas trip for work.

so due to this there will be a few changes.

we will not be able to get in on the saturday for setup so we will have to do all setup Sunday morning. ( not much of a issue)

also if we could get a few people to bring some cakes and biscuits for morning and afternoon tea and a few people to bring some soft drinks that would be great.

Shire will organise the lucnh before he goes on his work trip so do not worry we will still have a great lunch.

so if we can get a few people to help sunday morning with setup that would be great.

please let me know your thoughts

Will bring some slice. How many are confirmed.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
There is 38 registered, but that is not counting partners or extras that may come along.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
ok great guys that will be perfect. i will get some cakes or something also.

also AussieDoug do you mind changing your attendance to 2 as i see on your comments your wife is come it makes it easier to work out numbers that way thanks heaps

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Happy to get some bottled water and help out in any way Sat/Sun. Too old to be proud so any task is OK.
What is happening about meeting up on Saturday evening, or have I missed a discussion? Any specific place? My first mini so any info would be great. Cheers Dennis

roo

Full time elf
Happy to help setup on Sunday morning if needed, motel all booked and also bus.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
hi Graham I will double check with shire again to see if he can get me the passes like we have had before. roo that would be great as may need a few tables and things moved around so some help would be great.

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Not long to go now.
What do people want to know about Light O Rama?
Talk about Lor sequence editor and how to use/ set up?
Superstar?
Papagayo?
Could even talk a little about window projection?
Is something you have difficulty with?

What would you like to see that I could bring?

Matrix run with jys p12? Sequenced with superstar and run with lor sequence editor?
Lor floods with CMB-24D Deluxe DC Card?
My sing face made with Neon Flex controlled by CMB-16D-QC Deluxe DC Card?
Mini Director with MP3 Player
CTB16PC?
I don't want to bring my whole display but am happy to bring some things along if required.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Is anyone bringing a RGB Matrix to the mini?

I'd like to demo my Wi-Fi interactive "Name in Lights" system, however as I'm flying down from Brisbane I won't be able to bring my matrix.

Technically...
* Ideally the matrix would need at least 7 rows high for text graphic. (Mine is 136x10). Higher resolution is better for longer names but I will work with whatever's on offer :)
* I won't need to modify your Matrix/Controller E1.31 config.
* But I will need to know the matrix's wiring pattern / universe/DMX / pixel order, etc. I can map my software to match this accordingly.
* My software is currently partially hard-coded with my Matrix's spec - so I'm hoping to get a head start on this before I get to Sydney :)
* I will bring my laptop (running the matrix control software + LSP + web server, etc), along with a Wi-Fi AP for the interactive side of things.

mborg10

Michael Borg
The mrs just got 15 cans Pepsi max and 15 cans lemon from Coles for $6.50 each to bring to the mini. That's cheap at about 43c a can if anyone else wants to get some.
Do we have any tubs for drinks. Will we need ice as well.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
yeah if we can bring tubes and yes we will need ice. this year we will have to supply all this ourselves