Sydney/NSW 2014 Sydney Mini/Vivid festival Time Again - 31st of May/1st June - Confirmed

mborg10

Michael Borg
grahami2006 said:
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
that would be great John perfect for those using LOR. and ll could do it for LSP users if things change I guess

I am with you YL
I'm in the process of drawing up some plans for a singing Santa Claus face. When I get something good I will start a new post and hopefully have something to show by the mini as well.

grahami2006

Full time elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Damicka10) said:
grahami2006 said:
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
that would be great John perfect for those using LOR. and ll could do it for LSP users if things change I guess

I am with you YL
I'm in the process of drawing up some plans for a singing Santa Claus face. When I get something good I will start a new post and hopefully have something to show by the mini as well.
I am going with 4 singing Christmas trees. Cannot weld and decided to get them from Christmas Creations now just need to sequence and set up lights.

dannyp

Full time elf
I'm still really unclear on all of the electrical aspects of lighting, power supplies etc. I would like to see somone demonstrate how to check voltage, use a multimetre etc. Just a practical session.

Cheers

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I hope we keep the afternoon free so indivisuals can get more one on one assistance on the things they want to know as that worked very well last year and think everyone got a lot more from that than all sitting around watching presentations.

dannyp

Full time elf
Fasteddy said:
I hope we keep the afternoon free so indivisuals can get more one on one assistance on the things they want to know as that worked very well last year and think everyone got a lot more from that than all sitting around watching presentations.

Yes the freeform afternoon was great last year

Benslights

Dedicated elf
totally agree from 2:30 on will be free time and open to everyone to look around and people can get one on one assistance with what they need

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Just wondering if there is anyone that is willing to share a room that they already have booked or wanting to share a booking over the mini weekend?
I only started looking for accommodation today & prices are high with vacancies few & far between.
Thanks
Doug

multicast

Senior elf
DannyP said:
I'm still really unclear on all of the electrical aspects of lighting, power supplies etc. I would like to see somone demonstrate how to check voltage, use a multimetre etc. Just a practical session.

Cheers

Lithgow is the man for this!

mborg10

Michael Borg
Qiang Fu Kiwi said:
DannyP said:

Cheers

Lithgow is the man for this!
I don't thin Lithgow is coming this year.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Just booked a room here http://www.woolbrokershotel.com.au $80 a night (budget rooms) only a few hundred meters from the fish markets. They also have ensuite rooms for $130

They said they usually onlt take bookings 2 months prior to arival, but I managed to swindle my way in.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
If anyone is interested I would be happy to do a talk on building your own pixel light controllers using $15 Arduinos and custom software.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Just realised that the mini doesn't start till Saturday arvo. Needless to say i arrive in Sydney at 7pm Friday night. So I have an extra night/day to muck up now :)

Is there anyone that needs help on Saturday that can entertain me or anyone else around in the same boat that will be looking for something to do?