Adelaide/SA 2016 Adelaide Mini - Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th May - Confirm your attendance.

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Happy to do what I can, just along as he doesn't eat my BFCC*

cheers
Fing

*Beer Flavoured cupcakes.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Hey guys unfortunately I put my hand up for virtual santa demo teresa and I am doing presentation or maybe just teresa and I will just watch lol

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
the grinch said:
Hey guys unfortunately I put my hand up for virtual santa demo teresa and I am doing presentation or maybe just teresa and I will just watch lol
hehe just updated it to include you..lol.. well done for putting your hand up

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Need to confirm though is there still going cupcakes lol as am sure our fearless leader karob will need some energy food

i13

Dedicated elf
I won't be talking about the cuplights. I don't think there's much to gain through a talk on those as I develop a specific cup-by-cup method that takes hours and uses exactly 150 cups - the one I'm giving away has 148 as I've modified this technique since. I do have instructions on how to make them and anyone can ask me if interested.

A more useful talk I could give would be last year's talk on hacking store bought lights to run at the same voltage and I can include the new 2 wire lights too. I'd also be happy to talk about 5V versus 12V pixels. These talks might be best immediately before or after a break as they're not likely to be useful for everyone.

SmartAlecLights

i13, i changed you to hacking store brought lights instead now.

i13 said:
I won't be talking about the cuplights. I don't think there's much to gain through a talk on those as I develop a specific cup-by-cup method that takes hours and uses exactly 150 cups - the one I'm giving away has 148 as I've modified this technique since. I do have instructions on how to make them and anyone can ask me if interested.

A more useful talk I could give would be last year's talk on hacking store bought lights to run at the same voltage and I can include the new 2 wire lights too. I'd also be happy to talk about 5V versus 12V pixels. These talks might be best immediately before or after a break as they're not likely to be useful for everyone.

Kitman

Full time elf
Well I guess I better figure out how I actually did everything with monitoring the temperature of my box lol.... now what websites did I steal all that code from.... I mean borrow.

i13

Dedicated elf
I am happy to talk about 5V versus 12V pixels too. Doesn't have to be one talk or the other.

SmartAlecLights

Kitman said:
Well I guess I better figure out how I actually did everything with monitoring the temperature of my box lol.... now what websites did I steal all that code from.... I mean borrow.

you can talk about my wireless version if you want to kitman.. :D

i13 said:
I am happy to talk about 5V versus 12V pixels too. Doesn't have to be one talk or the other.

No problems i13, I'll add that to your name as well

Karob

Let there be Light!
Hello Everyone

My name is Rob, some people may remember me as the person who is was organising the mini but has been mia as of late. Life just gets busier and busier these days hard to think how I get time for a show at all these days.

Great to see the conversation about topics gained momentum after the cup cake announcement.

I will send a private message shortly to some of the main culprits about ideas for scheduling.

In the background I have done some work with drinks and some prizes, with time ticking away fast better get my big finger out of somewhere that shall not be mentioned and get this show on the road.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the flicker alight

SmartAlecLights

Karob said:
Hello Everyone

My name is Rob, some people may remember me as the person who is was organising the mini but has been mia as of late. Life just gets busier and busier these days hard to think how I get time for a show at all these days.

Great to see the conversation about topics gained momentum after the cup cake announcement.

I will send a private message shortly to some of the main culprits about ideas for scheduling.

In the background I have done some work with drinks and some prizes, with time ticking away fast better get my big finger out of somewhere that shall not be mentioned and get this show on the road.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the flicker alight

Welcome back umm rob is'nt it..lol
i've tryed to help get the ball going for ya..
we have also chosen that set times could be scrapped an just let people talk with a basic schedule (like bri mini)
Now i hand it all back to you

kit-808

New elf
Hi guys, sorry im going to have to pull out of making it to the mini :mad: , other things have got in the way and i cant get them moved (was a busy weekend to stsart with, without the mini :) )