Adelaide/SA 2016 Adelaide Mini - Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th May - Confirm your attendance.

Karob

Let there be Light!
As the days click closer I am trying to finalise the schedule for the mini.

My aim this year is to have the chance for everyone to learn in a relaxed atmosphere.

we have the following subjects covered but we will require some more topics so please get your brains thinking of what you want to see or present this year.

Topics so far.

Sofware :
Setting up an element and sequencing in both Vixen and Xlights.

Controllers :
ESP8266, F16v2 & Smartalecs range of devices.

Elements :
Panels, Virtual Santa, Singing Trees.

Know how :
Hacking store brought lights, 5v vs 12v, Wireless temp control, soldering.

Be warned I will be asking everyone to start the mini with a small intro from all attendees, the questions are aimed at showing at what level and types of knowledge you have along with what you are looking to learn.

If you have any topics you want to add or can present inbox me,

There is not going to be a set time for topics this year, last year we had a lot of content and was time restricted on some topics, The mini works well with free speech and questions aimed at sharing knowledge and experience and to learn.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Does anyone have any particular types of controller/pixel/hardware etc etc they are wanting to see?

Trying to decide what to bring down to demonstrate.

Karob

Let there be Light!
Great idea Daryl

I will be bringing a mega tree with a P12r running 2801 5v pixels, and will also bring other 2801 5v pixels run from a p2.

The mini is a great spot to touch smell and feel the available options out there so let us know what you plan to bring and what you are wanting to see

Kitman

Full time elf
I will be bringing my controller box with a Sandevice e682 in it, I can also bring down my 12v ws2811 pixel nodes that I am using for my tree and the white pixel strip that I use.

Can also bring my sandevice e6804 which is the baby version of the e682 and a heap of spare cables just in case lol.

I hope you can bring some of your spare pixel strips Darylc that I spoke to you about ohhh months ago so I can purchase them off you. It's not like I work 5 minutes from your house or anything lol or do I.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Kitman said:
I hope you can bring some of your spare pixel strips Darylc that I spoke to you about ohhh months ago so I can purchase them off you. It's not like I work 5 minutes from your house or anything lol or do I.

I have quite a lot of spare stuff from design changes, samples I got for testing etc. I ended up putting some of it online so it's easy to see. If anyone wants anything, yell out and I can bring it along for you to check out and see if its useful for you. http://www.wowup.net/shop

I also have some Falcon F4v2's if anyone is needs a good 4 port pixel controller.

Daryl

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
We are bringing our lg mini beam projectors and doing virtual santa display no power point presentation dont feel necessary and can't be bothered lol. Unless told otherwise by my crazy light woman

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Also where would be close accommodation as mommy and daddy are staying out for weekend and may not be able to get far after eating too many cupcakes lol

CrazyCatLady

New elf
Yep, there will be plenty of cupcakes :D
Flavours so far...
1. Chocolate Stout cupcakes with Irish Cream frosting
2. Top Deck (Chocolate/vanilla) cupcakes with white chocolate frosting
Looking for 1 or 2 more flavours, any ideas??