1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Melbourne/Vic 2019 Melbourne Mini Registration - June 22-23

Discussion in 'Mini Christmas Expos and Events' started by djgra79, Feb 13, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    djgra79

djgra79 My name is Graham & I love flashing lights! Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Within the room is fine, front and back or left and right side

2. burnt

burnt Apprentice Elf

I think we will be using all the space just to fix 25 people

3. OP
    OP
    djgra79

Find Me On:
    Wow Melbourne, we're full!! We have almost doubled the attendee size from last year so thanks everyone for supporting YOUR mini :)

The cost for the mini is $15 per person, per day, so $30 if attending both days. If you hate carrying cash around (don't forget there will be a couple of vendors ready to sell you blinky related gear!) and want to pay for the mini in advance, you can do so via PayPal:
    Only registered members can see the spoiler. Please log in or register.
    Please pay in AUD Australian Dollars. In the comments on Paypal can you please state your profile name on ACL and how many you are paying for and what days. Please also pay as a friend to eliminate fees and keep running costs as low as possible.

Below is a running document that has the timetable and list of topics that were suggested by the group. Please let us know the topic you'd like to present. You don't have to be a professional speaker or have a fancy powerpoint preso, just need to know about the topic well enough to convince others you know what you're on about! We're all here to learn and share, and we need everyone to come together to help. Many hands make light work.

Also is a tab called Name Tags. Please confirm your first name is correct including spelling, as this will be used for printing name tags.

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E53Ib4PiKjF2PYoWyLazDtUo-FRKyA4_h33WCmCsH_I/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any questions or want to help out even more on the weekend, please let us know! Its YOUR mini :)

daunce likes this.
  4. daunce

daunce Apprentice Elf

What are people bringing to sell? I need to work out how much cash to bring for impulse buying.

I might need some Boscoyo strip to test if it goes over my mini trees OK. Plus fuse block.. Null pixel..

5. LawrenceDriveLights

LawrenceDriveLights Full Time Elf

Hi all, sorry I have to cancel my attendance to the Melb mini, hopefully can attend next year

AAH and djgra79 like this.
  6. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    I'll have just about my entire product range there.

djgra79 and buzzdude like this.
  7. BradsXmasLights

BradsXmasLights WiFi Interactive

Find Me On:
    Confirming my travel arrangements are now locked in. I'm staying at the Novotel Friday & Saturday nights.

djgra79 likes this.
  8. daunce

daunce Apprentice Elf

For those in Melbourne, I'm looking at buying a 30m roll of LDPE, so if anyone wants to buy at the same time to see if we can get it a little bit cheaper, let me know.

9. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    What's a roll worth?

10. daunce

daunce Apprentice Elf

11. burnt

burnt Apprentice Elf

payment has been received and updated
    Roos
    AndrewA
    Daunce

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019 at 8:20 PM
  12. OP
    OP
    djgra79

Find Me On:
    Hi All. just 1 week to go til Melb Mini! A HUGE thanks to all those who have helped source prizes for the event, we have managed to collect around 50 prizes so everyone will be a winner :)
    For those who have yet to pay and would like to do so early (preferred so catering needs are covered) you can PayPal $15 per day attending via the details on THIS POST above.

Also still looking for contributors for hosting talks, so don't be shy, tell us what you'd like to talk about or show off!

And if you're keen to catchup up for dinner Sat night, see burnt's thread HERE for more info (I will try to get to this, but no promises.)

Lastly, unfortunately due to other commitments I will no longer be attending, so please ensure you contact @burnt (Stuart) moving forward if you have any queries regarding the event. He has been a great help so far behind the scenes, and I know it will be in safe hands.