60 channel dmx board

Brettus

Brettus
No matter what the name of it is i would like to have two of these setup in this years light display

adski

Dave Brown
How about DMaX60 (or AAH DMaX60 or ALS DMaX60) for the full featured board, and maybe DMinX60 for a basic board?
Dave

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Multi-P60DMX

Multi-P meaning the multiple power options, the 60 for the channels and DMX for its data input

Then with smaller version the 60 can change to say 30 or what ever the channel count is

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I decided to go with AAHMEGA60. The board is about to be sent off for production in a few secs and I'll have some protos to load in about 2 weeks. I'm only about 90% happy with the layout but as I'm just doing it in the little spare time I'm happy enough.
Below is a rough preview of what the board will look like

Attachments

• aahmega60.jpg
    aahmega60.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 71
G

GoofyGuy

Looks good man, I dont know how you guys keep making up stuff but its costing me money! Put me down for 2. You know what to be safe, 3.

AAH

Prototype boards just turned up. I've got a bit of free time while waiting for parts for another job to turn up so I'll start loading a board or 2. A couple of the parts needed for the AAHMEGA60 are still a week away so it'll be next week before i can power it for the 1st time.

Attachments

• IMG_2133.JPG
    IMG_2133.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 78

Timon

Apprentice elf
Looking good!

I know that you said it was a bit much for a kit but other than the SMDs it doesn't look that bad. Have you thought about installing the SMD components and kitting the rest? Just a thought.

John

AAH

There's about 120 SMD components which makes up almost everything except the 60 mosfets and the connectors. Without fully assembling the boards there is no way for me to test them or to install the firmware. The original firmware will need to be installed via the ICSP programming header but all public release firmware will be via downloads that can be installed via a thumbdrive.