Adelaide/SA Adelaide Mini 2012: Saturday June 23 2012

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Are you volunteering to do something flashy with them, Phil? ;)

Rob: I've added you to the list. The venue provider would like some kind of registration before the day so that the amount of no-showers are limited. Exactly what registration will be is yet to be determined, but the cost will remain free.

Boof63

Senior elf
Hi all, had hoped to attend but not on a saturday . I have sport all day(coach/Umpire).
Have read the programme and looks great for a noob like me. IS their any way to get a copy of any hard copies or presentations handed out to the attendees- pretty please??????

cheers and thanks

Boof63

thieleclan

New elf
We would also like to attend. Will keep posted about times etc.... Thanks to the organiser, looking forward to it.

Thiele's from Lyndoch.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
A rough plan can be viewed in the wiki - https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/2012-Mini-Adelaide

Meet and Greet from 8:30 am with the first segment planned to start at 9:30 am. There may be alterations yet depending on if the various segments get a presenter/demonstrator or not. But there is one thing for sure, there'll be a group of like minded decorators that will be able to bounce ideas off each other, show off things, etc.

Be good to have you along, maybe you'll have something you'd like to share/show-off during the day? Can I assume that it will be thieleclan +1 (2 people)?

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Thanks for confirming, schujk and thieleclan. I've added both of you to the confirmed attending list.

Are there any comments on the day plan, or topics you may want to speak about?

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Im sad to inform that i can no longer make it for personal reasons,
I hope everyone has a great day an that the mini is a great success.
Alec.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
I say bring a few along. ;)

Seeing their effect on lighting in person may interest some of the mini attendees. There will be some RGB lights operating during the show & tell segment at the very least.

The mini venue will be open from around 8:15 am to allow for some set up time for those that require it. The day's plan is on the wiki for anyone who hasn't seen it.

adski

Dave Brown
My electronics is still under construction so I'm not sure I'll be able to demonstrate, but if anyone is using RGB or Pixel strip in their presentations, it would probably be easy to slide a tube over part of it for comparison.

anon

Apprentice elf
Sorry guys I'm a late exclusion. I've got a storm water pipe that has split with the recent rain, something has gotta give to give me the time to fix it and unfortunately that's today. At least the ground is nice and wet where I have to dig :/

Someone take some pics, l was keen to see some of that stuff on that agenda, particularly the controllers.