Anyone in WA want a bulk buy from Ray Wu, Boscoyo or San Device?

Matthew Thompson

Santa's Little Helpers
Addition to looking at bulk buying Boscoyo is anyone keen on a bulk buy from Ray Wu and San Device. I am looking to order by March 2018.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
HI Matt.
Beware that if buying large values of orders above $1000AUD into Australia, you'll need to pay GST, plus Customs often gets a bit nosey and wants to have a peek and may either delay or charge a fee aswell.
If there's a few of you who want to combine a few items then yes this is a great way to cut down on postage costs, but as above, beware of larger orders :)

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
splitting orders can also be an issue, if customs work out it's 1 large order split into multiple boxes they are allowed to re-combine the cost; which can put it back over the $1000 limit. Not heard of this happening to many people, but the customs website does mention it. Just thought I'd inform you.

richardd

Full time elf
One year I got tagged with customs not only did I have to pay for the lights but the cost of shipping too. This added a bit of money to the order would have been cheaper to just seperate the orders by a few weeks and keep the cost well below $1000.00.

videoman3857

Full time elf
One year I got tagged with customs not only did I have to pay for the lights but the cost of shipping too. This added a bit of money to the order would have been cheaper to just seperate the orders by a few weeks and keep the cost well below $1000.00.
Yes, I saw post last year of the same thing, so I split my order. I gave ray my list of of what I wanted and told him I needed it split in two and sent two weeks apart, but I would pay him for the lot. No problems for me there.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Did the same, but ended up with both boxes delivered the same day. Didn't get hit with customs so all good.

Matthew Thompson

Santa's Little Helpers
Cheers for all the advice. My plan in discussions with Ray is to split the orders over a 6 week period and two different addresses. PO box and home so that way less chance of throwing up alarm bells

tooms

12v4life
The Ali Express shipper online calculator seems to be a bit generous at times, if you ask Ray for a quote on shipping + product it's a bit more realistic, I personally just do 2-3 orders over the year, not because I'm organised or anything like that, I generally buy one lot of things and then decide I need another lot of things ..

Group buy would be nice but he has a lot of stuff on offer, not sure if it would be easy to accommodate everyone at once

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Make sure the address is very clear for Po box or parcel locker with Ray. I had a parcel stuck at mine for a few days as Ray forgot to put the parcel locker number, only the street address of the Aus post distribution centre, so I never got a notification to pick it up. A few phone calls later I had figured out where it was.