BeagleBone Black playing videos or Rasperry Pi 4 to work with Hanson ME

Toby Leader

New elf
Hi All,

I am really struggling with getting the HDMI (mini HDMI) output of the BeagleBone black to work with FPP. I have the FPP bootup info on the HDMI so I know the connection is working but it will not show within FPP as a HDMI output device

I have the media files all linked and play when testing within xlights so it is simply getting media to play at the same time

Alternatively I have a Rasperry Pi4 but this doesnt appear to be compatible with HE123 Mk2 so any ideas as to this solution this may be my work around

After all this I wont want to have to start from scratch :-(

Any help woudl be appreciated!

darylc

404 darylc not found
a BBB is not powerful enough to do anything with the hdmi port really

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
If you're trying to use the HDMI on a BBB with a HE123Mk2 this won't work well at all. You'll be crippling the majority of the GPIOs to the point where the Cape would be next to useless, and only a handful of pixel ports would work.
This is on top of what Daryl mentions about the performance of the unit.

You'd be better off using the RPI to do the HDMI, and as a master player, with the BBB on the HE123 as a remote/slave so that they can both do what they do best.

Toby Leader

New elf
That is great info, I will def give up on the BBB. Now to find out how to do master/slave combo!

Thansk Skymaster and DarylC