Big W Lights for 2012 have appeared.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Shane said:
Looks like the BigW Icicle lights do not have the snowing function (up/down) again this year, just the cascading (along the string) flashing.

Deals Direct have what appear to be icicles with the snowing effect.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Brettus said:
Driver if you want green, go to bunnings they have 100 strings of green
Saw them - but at $19 per 100 thats double the price they should be IMO.
Ended up getting 5 x 300 LED packs from OO.com.au for $29.95 a set though - so whilst over original budget it was still cost effective :)

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
I'm new to the controlled lighting, this will be my first year. I am starting with 48ch LOR DC boards. I found that the big w lights seem to be the easiest to cut up and convert to dc controlled. So I went to big W in ipswich in September, by chance looked in the Christmas lighting section and found they had stocked them already. Bought about 20 sets and figured I would come back in a week with my next pay check to buy more. I found no green either :( . I also needed to more red and white to complete my mini trees but returned to find the shelves pretty bare. I had to go to another big w and got lucky last week as they had just stocked the shelves the night before... 8) Stocked the trolley with another 20 sets, and the checkout girl tells me that they had sold a heap that day already. I sure hope I have enough to finish the job now cause I don't think I will get another chance to stock this many at one time again this year. Can't wait to get. This up and running now...... I think I may have the onset of C.L.A.P. LOL. :D

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Hi Gray magic,
And welcome to ACL. Sounds like you are starting to get the CLAP. It is a good thing you have found this web site as there is heaps of great info here and lots of people willing to help out. Be sure to jump into chat sometime with any problems you come up with or just to have a chat.

Where abouts in this Great State are you?

MarcD

Full time elf
I was in Big W Browns Plains yesterday returning some surplus sets. The shelves were still full of every type of light. Just in case you need more.

Gray_magic said:
I'm new to the controlled lighting, this will be my first year. I am starting with 48ch LOR DC boards. I found that the big w lights seem to be the easiest to cut up and convert to dc controlled. So I went to big W in ipswich in September, by chance looked in the Christmas lighting section and found they had stocked them already. Bought about 20 sets and figured I would come back in a week with my next pay check to buy more. I found no green either :( . I also needed to more red and white to complete my mini trees but returned to find the shelves pretty bare. I had to go to another big w and got lucky last week as they had just stocked the shelves the night before... 8) Stocked the trolley with another 20 sets, and the checkout girl tells me that they had sold a heap that day already. I sure hope I have enough to finish the job now cause I don't think I will get another chance to stock this many at one time again this year. Can't wait to get. This up and running now...... I think I may have the onset of C.L.A.P. LOL. :D

dualbios

New elf
Well Mackays's Big W now has only one box of 600white, a couple of boxes of the starter sets of white and thats it. Online isnt looking much better i bought a total of 10 boxes my self to start building my system. Im trolling the net to try and find out who is the oem maker of these lights as i like the linking abilty.

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
I had been looking all over the country to find any end of season sale items left to stock up for next year ( tomorrow!) and while most of Adelaide and Melbourne had sold out, big W in South Yarra, conveniently located across the road from my work has a few 100 led extension strings and icicles $3 each and a few 600 led multi coloured strings at $30 each.
I think I cleared them out of the blue extension strings and most of the blue and white extension icicles but the is some multi coloureds left if that helps anyone.

Flash

Not a morning person, except on December 25th.
Nothing available on line - seems like they under ordered this year :(

camduncan

New elf
I was hoping to find some LED lights to re-wire my reindeer frames (the old style globe lights have finally given up) but have had no luck at home in Brisbane or around my inlaws in Taree... :(