1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Bunnings lights - 2012

Discussion in 'Christmas Light Shopping Bargains' started by stiffman, Sep 11, 2012.

1. stiffman

stiffman New Elf

I was at bunnings yesterday, and noticed they had a bunch of Christmas lights out. more than the usual selection they had.

One thing I noticed was they had 10cm long (i think) meteor shower / digital rain sets for $30, with 10 lots each. I was tempted to get some while I was there, but my finances are lacking this week.

I'll pretty keen on getting some of these for this year, except one pack is obviously not enough. I want a heap of them, for awesome effect! it would be cool to build some kind of canopy from them!

2. BradsXmasLights

BradsXmasLights WiFi Interactive

Find Me On:
    My local store had all their lights out on the weekend too. The range is much more impressive than last year!
    What from I noticed/remembered whilst having a quick look...
    • 100 x LED Fairy lights were ~$20 pack. Single colour strings in red/blue/green/purple/warm white/cool white. 50% too expensive IMO compared to BigW's history.
    • 350 LED fairy light buckets $34. mixed colours / Warm White / Cool White.
    • 600 LED fairy lights buckets $59. Mixed colours / Warm White / Cool White
    • 600 LED Blue/Cool white icicle buckets $59
    • Arlec 6.5M LED cool-white Rope Light solar powered for $35
    • 10M 240V incandant Ropelight in assorted colours (~$20?- can't remember the price!)
    • 10M 240V LED Ropelight cool-white ~$35
    • Lots of inflatables too. From a $29 Santa, $49 'waving santa' $79 for a santa sled with two rendineers
    • Most of the 2D/3D wireframes were 24V LED too.
    Should be interesting to see what Masters come out with now.
    EDIT: Updated offerings

3. ryanschristmaslights

ryanschristmaslights Senior Elf Administrator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    I was at Bunnings today and am considering buying one of the inflatable 12v santa's to replace a (taller) 2.8M 240v santa purchased way back in 2004 that has a loud fan + won't inflate properly without "help".

I figure the photos of it may assist you guys!

Attached Files:

4. mick8248

mick8248 Full Time Elf

Brought one of these plus a santa on a motor bike last week, seem to work very well, they have a couple of white leds inside them as well, was thinking of adding a few pixel modules instead to integrate the santas into my display better. Not sure if their weight might stop the santas from inflating correctly as I would need to attach them from the head down.

5. Adam007

Adam007 Adam007

Went into the local Bunnings store yesterday as I am chasing some green LED strings. Everything was packed up, and replaced by a display full of fan's and air-cons. Went and checked out the lighting isles, and there was one section of shelving with the bucket's of LED's and that was it :eek:

6. Jim

Jim New Elf

my Bunnings had sold out already

7. wacam

wacam New Elf

i wasn't impressed with bunnings selection over here this year they like the warehouse and mitre 10 etc going too heavily to battery or solar lights for my liking / clap