Bunnings lights - 2012

stiffman

New elf
I was at bunnings yesterday, and noticed they had a bunch of Christmas lights out. more than the usual selection they had.

One thing I noticed was they had 10cm long (i think) meteor shower / digital rain sets for $30, with 10 lots each. I was tempted to get some while I was there, but my finances are lacking this week.

I'll pretty keen on getting some of these for this year, except one pack is obviously not enough. I want a heap of them, for awesome effect! it would be cool to build some kind of canopy from them!

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
My local store had all their lights out on the weekend too. The range is much more impressive than last year!
What from I noticed/remembered whilst having a quick look...
  • 100 x LED Fairy lights were ~$20 pack. Single colour strings in red/blue/green/purple/warm white/cool white. 50% too expensive IMO compared to BigW's history.
  • 350 LED fairy light buckets $34. mixed colours / Warm White / Cool White.
  • 600 LED fairy lights buckets $59. Mixed colours / Warm White / Cool White
  • 600 LED Blue/Cool white icicle buckets $59
  • Arlec 6.5M LED cool-white Rope Light solar powered for $35
  • 10M 240V incandant Ropelight in assorted colours (~$20?- can't remember the price!)
  • 10M 240V LED Ropelight cool-white ~$35
  • Lots of inflatables too. From a $29 Santa, $49 'waving santa' $79 for a santa sled with two rendineers
  • Most of the 2D/3D wireframes were 24V LED too.
Should be interesting to see what Masters come out with now.
EDIT: Updated offerings

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
I was at Bunnings today and am considering buying one of the inflatable 12v santa's to replace a (taller) 2.8M 240v santa purchased way back in 2004 that has a loud fan + won't inflate properly without "help".

I figure the photos of it may assist you guys!

Attachments

• 2012-10-14-bunnings_infsanta_1.jpg
    2012-10-14-bunnings_infsanta_1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 2012-10-14-bunnings_infsanta_2.jpg
    2012-10-14-bunnings_infsanta_2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 36

mick8248

Full time elf
Brought one of these plus a santa on a motor bike last week, seem to work very well, they have a couple of white leds inside them as well, was thinking of adding a few pixel modules instead to integrate the santas into my display better. Not sure if their weight might stop the santas from inflating correctly as I would need to attach them from the head down.

Adam007

Adam007
Went into the local Bunnings store yesterday as I am chasing some green LED strings. Everything was packed up, and replaced by a display full of fan's and air-cons. Went and checked out the lighting isles, and there was one section of shelving with the bucket's of LED's and that was it :eek:

wacam

New elf
i wasn't impressed with bunnings selection over here this year they like the warehouse and mitre 10 etc going too heavily to battery or solar lights for my liking / clap