Cable ties!?!

ElSalZi

Full time elf
I’m guessing that I’m overthinking this, slightly (opening for jockular ridicule for everyone)!

What size cable ties? o_O

Looking for opinions and reasons why, not “It’s up to you, man!” :cool:

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
What size depends entirely on what you are using them for. I typically use something like 1000 100mm ties for replacing dead ties from previous years and for a few new props. I use some 150mm ones but barely anything larger. If I do need to go larger I will just join 2 150's together.
Using UV stabilised ties is important as non stabilised ones can break down within weeks of direct sunlight. Clear/white ties and probably most coloured ties won't be UV stabilised and the quality of the back UV stabilised ones varies which is why I replace a fair few dead ties each year.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I use 150mm x 3mm black ties for attaching lights to the guttering (through the weep holes).

The 100mm x 3mm black ones are are great for other uses. Buy a bag of 1000.

I also have 300mm x 5mm black ties for securing items to light poles, etc.

Lastly I keep some white (clear) 100mm x 3mm ties for repairing the odd LED motif where I don't want it blocking the light too much.

ElSalZi

Full time elf
Thank you Gents.

Been looking everywhere for a reference towards size... we did guess 100-150mm but nothing worse than buying a shed-load of something then finding out you've got the wrong one!