CG-1500 Enclosure Alternatives

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Unfortunately the rumor that the CG-1500 enclosures being discontinued has been confirmed.

The smaller CG-1000 is still available, but they would be too small for most applications.

I'll be cancelling the CG-1500 back orders in the system and removing them from the da-Share store.

Sorry to those affected. I don't have an alternative at this point in time.

bpratt

Senior elf
well that's a real bugger.... it was a real 'go to' box for us Christmas lights people.

Now to find a suitable replacement for our purposes.

Thanks for updating us with this bad news, at least it gives us time to suss out a replacement.

brando

Full time elf
well that's a real bugger.... it was a real 'go to' box for us Christmas lights people.

Now to find a suitable replacement for our purposes.

Thanks for updating us with this bad news, at least it gives us time to suss out a replacement.
Same boat.

I realise it's not a necessity, and many get by with some basic boxes, but I'd like to find something similar. The Bud 32026 seems to be another popular option?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I'm thinking I might use something along the lines of this--
Pretty much the same dimensions, 8cm longer. Will need a bit more fiddling for mounting things in it, but a simple backing plate could be made without much hassle.

Dave_Szoka

Full time elf
I have been looking at these

I like because I can mount them to my walls / fence … I like my boxes off the ground

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The corrosion resistance of the metal hinges and latches was something I wondered about with some of the wall mount enclosures.

Adsy

Full time elf
WOW ! I have a couple of gas meter boxes from my local salvage yard for $35. Not totally waterproof but i keep them under cover

Rickras85

Apprentice elf
I have been looking at these

I like because I can mount them to my walls / fence … I like my boxes off the ground

Have been using these in my display for a few years and they work well. Albeit the larger size as I fit more power supplies etc in them and like to have more free air in them for better cooling.

Burt

New elf
Got a bunnings solution here.......This thing is HDPE and seems water tight and bomb proof at $64.50

brando

Full time elf
Got a bunnings solution here.......This thing is HDPE and seems water tight and bomb proof at $64.50

Good value. Potential stupid question, how do you anchor a base plate in this? Assume it doesn’t have threaded inserts like an electrical box but is there a section to insert a rivnut?

Snicko

Apprentice elf
Not sure how these stack up
Seems the same as Alan's enclosure but his includes the mounting plate and is cheaper

Alternatively - NAW Controls