Chauvet DJ Intimidator Spot 360 100W LED Moving Head First Impressions

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Hi All,

Thought I'd share a new purchase. It seems to be the year of the moving head for me in 2020. To add to the collection I've picked up a Chauvet DJ Intimidator with 100watt LED inside.

Starting my adventure for some fog liquid I couldn't help myself but go into the lighting section of DJ city and looking up there were a row of moving heads. I asked to see if I could see the row of moving heads on to see the quality of the light, brightness, etc.

After a short warm up the line up of moving heads started doing their demo movements. The truss of lights were ranged from $999 to $2549 for all of my comparisons.

I noticed that one of the lights had double the amount of light output to my eye and moved at triple the speed creating a very different look for a moving head.

I plan to make a waterproof enclosure as currently we are just zip tying it to the gumtree which whilst it works we don't want to pull it down every night. It may get mounted across the street under cover next year.

During this years display I mounted it hanging from my tree in the front yard and was really happy with the outcome of the light. As we run a fobble machine (Fog and Bubble) machine each time fog passes the fixture a really bright light illuminates the gumtree.

Here are a couple of videos:

Overall really happy with this fixture and gives another depth to the show. As we have had a crazy amount of people up this season they really enjoy every element including this new addition.

~Derf | Jack

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Zip tying to the tree??! <shudders>
Sure is a nice looking fixture though!

Jarrad33

150k of Pixels for 2023
Hi Derf

Im looking to upgrade to something like this. Did you control these by DMX where they were or did you just buy the controller

Jarrad33

150k of Pixels for 2023
OK great. I think these will be in next years show for sure.

What type of haze machine do you use ??

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
OK great. I think these will be in next years show for sure.

What type of haze machine do you use ??
I do not use any haze machine for the purpose of showing the beam better.

The smoke in the video is from DJ City's Smoke and bubble machine which blows under the moving heads some nights

Jarrad33

150k of Pixels for 2023
@Derf I ordered a few of these Chauvet DJ intimidator 360 100W LED moving heads for my show this year.

They are fantastic. 1000 time better then those cheap Ebay ones. Thanks for the write up.20210120_191548.jpg

Note to self make sure you dont look at the light directly on auto mode. Its almost blinded me it was that bright.