Chauvet DJ Intimidator Spot 360 100W LED Moving Head First Impressions

bpratt

Full time elf
Looking at getting a moving head light for my display this year too.

What about weather protection? can you get those perspex bubbles for them easily ?

Jarrad33

Hmmmmm Pixels
Generous elf
I got some perspex boxes made in last years show. Ive emailed a company on the goldcoast to give me a price on some domes. Ill let you know when I get the price

Jarrad33

Hmmmmm Pixels
Generous elf
umm yeah. Got the price but you wont like it. I wont be going down that road thats for sure

darylc

404 darylc not found
I got a perspex dome made in Adelaide for < $100 for my mover, might be a different size though

Jarrad33

Hmmmmm Pixels
Generous elf
I was looking at a 450 cylinder with a dome on top. They wanted $800 for each one

darylc

404 darylc not found
This is what I made
View: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kydbnf59iijxic3/IMG_0849.JPG?dl=0

bpratt

Full time elf

That looks pretty good, but I think I'd need to have a taller one than that, so that it could point down to the ground in front of the house at times.

I'm seriously considering one of these. :-

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Generous elf

bpratt

Full time elf
That's the ones lots of the Americans were buying last year. I think it was Daniel Zhang that had a deal that included proper domes and flight cases at a "reasonable" price

Yep, this is his site if I remember right, but doesn't have the domes as I asked about them.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Is the dome part a security camera ceiling dome?
no I got it custom blown, and got a flat spot for the fan put on it too.
That looks pretty good, but I think I'd need to have a taller one than that, so that it could point down to the ground in front of the house at times.
Whys that? I can still aim it at the ground.

bpratt

Full time elf
no I got it custom blown, and got a flat spot for the fan put on it too.

Whys that? I can still aim it at the ground.

Oh okay, that's handy to know..
I will be putting it on the roof, and the front of the block is downhill, so thought it might not be able to point down far enough.

I then thought about it a bit more, and realised behind the house it'll only be pointing upwards, so if I mount the unit angled up at the back and down at the front it'd still work.... I was thinking that they must be mounted level, but they don't, do they ?

Are you able to post some details of who did the dome blowing ? .... but I guess there has got to be someone up here that might do it too.